Applications are invited for Shirtcliffe Fellowship available for the citizens of New Zealand. This fellowship is awarded to a graduate of a New Zealand university pursue doctoral study at a university in New Zealand or other Commonwealth country.
The Fellowship is currently awarded to one scholar per year at a value of $5,000 per annum for up to three years.
User Review( votes)
Study Subject(s): Fellowship is awarded in all disciplines.
Course Level: Fellowship is available for doctoral study at a university in New Zealand or other Commonwealth country.
Scholarship Provider: Universities New Zealand
Scholarship can be taken at: New Zealand or other Commonwealth country
The fellowships are open to any New Zealand citizen who is ordinarily resident in New Zealand and who:
- is a graduate of or is graduating from a New Zealand university
- plans to be or is currently registered as a doctoral candidate at a
- university in New Zealand or another Commonwealth country.
Scholarship Open for International Students: Fellowship is open for citizens of New Zealand.
The Shirtcliffe Fellowship will assist a graduate of a New Zealand university to pursue doctoral study at a university in New Zealand or other Commonwealth country. These Fellowships arise from a gift of $40,000 made to the University of New Zealand in 1935 by Sir George Shirtcliffe, of Wellington and are to assist students of outstanding ability and character who are graduates of a university in New Zealand, in the continuation of their doctoral studies in New Zealand or the Commonwealth.
Number of awards: One fellowship is awarded each year.
Duration of award(s): Every Shirtcliffe Fellowship shall be tenable for such period not exceeding three years.
What does it cover? Fellowship has a value of $5,000 per annum for up to three years.
- Universities New Zealand shall provide the Selection Committee with a copy of each candidate’s application and with a copy of the reports of the Academic Board of the respective universities.
- Every such Board shall indicate for the information of the Selection Committee those candidates who in its opinion are of such outstanding ability and character as to be worthy of holding the fellowship, and shall also report generally upon the personality and general suitability of the candidates.
- The Selection Committee may at any time or times call for further evidence or information in support of any application.
- The Selection Committee shall, in the selection of candidates, give such preference as it may think fit to candidates who would otherwise by reason of their financial circumstances be unable to continue their studies or be seriously handicapped in doing so.
Notification: Decisions will be made in June.
How to Apply: Applications for the 2019 fellowship is an online application process.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is 1st March 2019.