Job Description: The SIA Youth award is tenable for 2 years leading to the award of the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education ‘Advanced’ (GCE ‘A’) Level (or equivalent) certificate. Students who perform well in the GCE ‘A’ Level (or equivalent) Examination may apply for the undergraduate scholarship offered by the National University of Singapore or the Nanyang Technological University.
The grant is for 2 years of Pre-University studies in selected Singapore Junior Colleges and is renewed annually, subject to the satisfactory performance of the scholar.
Students who meet the following criteria are invited to apply for the opportunity :
* Nationals of India
* Born between 1992 and 1994
* Completed Standard 10 in the Year 2010
* Possess outstanding academic track record ( at least an average of 85% with English as first language in the Standard 10 State/National examinations
Any dates given below are tentative and are subject to changes.
Activity – Date
Application Period – 1 June to 15 July 2010
Selection Test – End August to early September 2010
Selection Interview – Early November 2010
Award of Scholarship – Mid to late November 2010
Arrival of Scholar in Singapore – Late January / Early February 2011
Candidates short-listed for the selection test/interview will be notified a week before the selection test/interview dates. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Test and Interview City
This Test/Interview center may be used if there are sufficient candidates. Applicants who choose Chennai as your preferred test/interview city are to indicate an alternative test/interview city from the remaining 3 cities.
Terms and Conditions
* Allowance of S$2,400 per annum with hostel accommodation
* Hostel accommodation provided
* Settling-in allowance of S$500 (once only)
* Economy class air passage to Singapore and back to home country upon completion of course
* Waiver of school fees (excluding miscellaneous fees)
* Waiver of GCE ‘A’ Level examination fees (once only)
* Subsidised medical benefits and accident insurance cover
* There is no bond attached to the program
There are 2 modes of application — online or hardcopy application. Each applicant should submit only ONE application. Please do not submit a hardcopy application if you have chosen to apply online and vice versa.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply online. For online applications, please use the online application system.
Alternatively, applicants may also print out a copy of the application form (192kb .pdf).
All applicants are required to send certified copies of the following items directly to the Singapore Ministry of Education before the closing date, 15 July 2010:
* Birth Certificate;
* Identity Card / Passport (if any); and
* Final Year Examination Result Slips for the last two years
SIA Youth Scholarships / < Online application number — for online applicants>
c/o School Placement & Scholarships Branch
Ministry of Education
1 North Buona Vista Drive,
Level 3 Podium Block
Original documents that are not in English must be translated; the translations must be accompanied by a photocopy of the original documents. Please do not send any original documents.
All online applicants must indicate their online application number on all supporting documents.