Sir Edward Youde Memorial Fellowships for students from Hong Kong: The Sir Edward Youde Memorial Fellowships aim at financing outstanding Hong Kong students for overseas postgraduate studies. They are expected to contribute significantly to the development of Hong Kong after graduation.
User Review( votes)
1. be permanent residents of Hong Kong;
2. have received at least 7 years of continuous education in Hong Kong;
3. fulfill all application procedures and admission requirements at the institution of their choices and be offered places subsequently;
4. hold good Honours degrees obtained in Hong Kong or equivalent qualifications OR expect to obtain such degrees or equivalent qualifications; and
5. be proficient in English and Chinese, and have a good command of the language in which their studies will be undertaken.
For further details, please refer to the Information Note of the application year.
Value of Awards
The maximum is HK$283,000 for the 2008/2009 academic year. The Sir Edward Youde Memorial Fund Council may adjust the value by taking into account cost increases and other award(s) held concurrently by the fellow(s) to finance their overseas studies.
Method of Application
Please note that application should be made one year in advance of the commencement of the overseas studies. During the application period, application forms can be downloaded from the Student Financial Assistance Agency’s website, or obtained from this office, or Trust Funds & Temples Joint Secretariat. Completed forms must be returned to the Secretary of the Sir Edward Youde Memorial Fund Council before the closing date. Please refer to the Information Notes for further details. Please click here to download the Information Notes and Application Form (PDF).
Dates of Commencement and Closing of Application
Application for awards for 2009/2010 Academic year
Commencement Date : 2 July 2008 (Wednesday)
Closing Date : 26 September 2008 (Friday)