Newcastle University is offering a number of full and partial awards for Home/EU and International students to study in the UK. The studentships are available to pursue the postgraduate programme in the field of Law, Environmental Regulation and Sustainable Development and International Law.
Newcastle University is a public research university located in Newcastle upon Tyne in the North-East of England. The university can trace its origins to a School of Medicine and Surgery, established in 1834, and to the College of Physical Science, founded in 1871.
User Review( votes)
Applicants must hold an English language qualification of IELTS 6.5 or its equivalent with no subskill below 6.0 if their first language is not English.
- Application Deadline: There is no deadline or closing date
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue postgraduate programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in the following programmes:
- LLM International Business Law
- LLM Environmental Regulation and Sustainable Development
- LLM International Law
- Award: Full and partial (£2,500-£3,000) tuition fee programme.
- Number of Awards: 6 for international students, 2 for home/EU students.
- Nationality: International and home/EU students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: International and home/EU students are eligible to apply for these endowments.
- Entrance Requirements: The Sir Mark Waller Postgraduate Law The studentships are awarded exclusively on academic merit in recognition of academic excellence. This includes:
- recent graduates
- undergraduates completing their course before September 2016
- those currently completing professional legal qualifications
- non-Law graduates in a discipline related to the programme
- International and home/EU students
Applicants must demonstrate academic excellence which is commensurate with a 2:1 Honours degree award or equivalent.
Applicants whose first language is not English and who have not undertaken any programme of study in which English is the medium of instruction will be required to show adequate language proficiency for postgraduate study in Law. Our requirement is IELTS 6.5 with at least 6.5 in writing.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English and who have not undertaken any programme of study in which English is the medium of instruction will be required to show adequate language proficiency for postgraduate study in Law. Our requirement is IELTS 6.5 with at least 6.5 in writing.
How to Apply: All applications will be automatically considered for a scholarship and no separate application is necessary. For information on how to apply for a place on one of our masters programmes, please visit the postgraduate application site – we strongly recommend online applications.