The new SISSA Mathematical Fellowships is now available on offer for all new international students to study in Italy.
SISSA Mathematical Fellowships aim to support a prestigious postdoc research program co-funded by the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (MIUR) to recruit and support the most talented young researchers with a promising CV who demonstrate to be autonomous in research.
Worthy opportunity for international students
User Review( votes)
SISSA, the International School for Advanced Studies, was founded in 1978 and is a scientific centre of excellence within the national and international academic scene.
- Applications Deadline: January 8, 2019
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programs.
- Study Subject: The SISSA Mathematical Fellowships are 3-year post-doctoral positions for promising early-stage researchers in Mathematics.
- Nationality: Fellowships are available for international students.
- Number of Scholarships: Two fellowships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Italy
- Eligible Countries: Fellowships are available for international students.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Eligible candidates must be in possession of a scientific-professional CV which enables them to carry out research activity and meet the further requirements specified in the announcement.
- Personnel with permanent positions in Italian universities, public research and experimentation institutions, ENEA, ASI or institutions which award scientific degrees equivalent to Ph.D., in accordance with art. 74, par. 4 of DPR 382 dated 11.07.80, are excluded from applying.
- In accordance with art. 18 of law 240/10 candidates having a family relationship or other degree of kinship up to the 4th degree with the following persons are also excluded from applying:
1. SISSA Professors belonging to the Area that requested the position
2. Director of SISSA
3. Secretary-General of SISSA
4.Member of the Board of Directors of SISSA (please see Annex A).
- The research fellowship is awarded through a private law contract which does not give any right to be employed by universities.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For being a part of the program, you are recommended to be enrolled in a Ph.D. degree program at an Italian University. After taking acceptance, you can access the online application form for the fellowship
- Supporting Documents: Must attach your curriculum vitae with the complete list of the scientific and professional activities, a valid ID of the candidate, two reference letters that have to be sent by the referees and a research project which includes 10 line abstract specifying the scientific sector of interest concerning Mathematics Area: Mathematical analysis, Numerical analysis, Mathematical physics, Geometry or other,2 page-elaborated project text (bibliography excluded), bibliography
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must hold a masters degree certificate in a relevant field
- English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
The annual gross amount of the research fellowship is € 36.636,00. The post-doc will also be granted research funds to be used autonomously for research activities (€ 9.000,00 total for the three-year period).