The Medical Research Council (MRC) offers Skills Development Fellowship to UK students. Fellowship is provided to pursue research in the fields of Infections and immunity, Molecular and cellular medicine, Population and systems medicine, Neurosciences and mental health, Translation, Global health, Methodology and Public health.
The goal of these fellowship is to support researchers at all career stages who wish to transform their career by developing new skills in a priority area.
User Review( votes)
The Medical Research Council (MRC) is a publicly-funded government agency responsible for co-ordinating and funding medical research in the United Kingdom. It is one of seven Research Councils in the UK and is answerable to, although politically independent from, the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills.
Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue research.
Study Subject: The fellowship is awarded in the fields of Infections and immunity, Molecular and cellular medicine, Population and systems medicine, Neurosciences and mental health, Translation, Global health, Methodology and Public health.
Scholarship Award: The fellowship will cover the followings:
- The MRC will initially be able to provide funding for up to 2 three-year fellowships per bid in the first intake year (2018). Bids are expected to submit a case for two intake years (2018 and 2019). Exceptional bids could be allocated 3 fellows per year.
Number of scholarship: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for Fellowship:
- Whilst any research organization may submit a bid to host Skills Development fellows, they will be expected to demonstrate a strong track record of training in their chosen priority skills areas at the target career stage. All bids must involve multiple Departments/Schools/Faculties as the success of these awards depends on the coordinated support of multiple disciplines that are often separated by traditional institutional boundaries.
- MRC Units and Institutes are eligible to apply as associate partners but cannot lead a bid (see Annex 3).
- International partnerships that add value to an institution’s bid are welcome. Alternatively, these could be developed later as part of individual fellowship proposals.
Nationality: UK applicants can apply for this fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
How to Apply: Applications can apply via online.
- All applications must be submitted through the Research Councils’ Joint electronic Submission The deadline for receipt of proposals is 4pm on the 27th July 2017. Applications will not be accepted following this deadline.
- On entering Je-S follow the menu selections illustrated in the screen shots at Annex 1 to create your proposal
- A guide to completing your MRC SDF Competition Je-S application form is provided in Annex 2
- A guide to the structure for your MRC SDF Competition case for support is provided in Annex 3
- A 1 page letter of support is required from every partner research organization named on the bid.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is July 27, 2017.