The University of Oxford is offering Skoll Scholarships for MBA students. The scholarship provides full funding plus a living stipend to complete a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) at the University of Oxford’s Saïd Business School.
The mission of the Skoll Centre is to accelerate the impact of entrepreneurial activity that aims to transform unjust or unsatisfactory systems and practices.
User Review( vote)
Saïd Business School is an academic department and the business school of the University of Oxford in UK. It is the University of Oxford’s center of learning for undergraduate and graduate students in business, management, and finance.
Candidates whose first language is not English or who have not studied at an English speaking university are required to take either the TOEFL or IELTS tests.
- Application Deadline: 10 January 2020
- Course Level: award is available for pursuing MBA programme at the Saïd Business School.
- Study Subject: award is awarded to MBA students who want to pursue entrepreneurial solutions for urgent social and environmental challenges.
- Award: The Skoll Scholarship covers the full costs of tuition and college fees for the MBA programme at Saïd Business School, University of Oxford. The Scholarship also covers partial living expenses of at least an additional £14,777. In addition to financial support, the Scholarship provides access to the Skoll Scholar community, a group of leaders who are positively impacting the world through innovation and systems change, as well as exclusive opportunities to meet with world-renowned entrepreneurs, thought leaders, and investors.
- Number of Awards: The Skoll Centre typically awards up to five Scholarships every year.
- Nationality: Any Nationality
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Students of any nationality can apply for these Skoll scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for the Skoll Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Have started a new social venture or an initiative within an existing organisation, or pursued positive change as an impact career professional (i.e. someone who has used entrepreneurial approaches to address the same social/environmental issue with a clear core thread that unites his/her work) for preferably 3 years or longer by the time you apply for the MBA;
- Have demonstrated evidence of personal qualities strongly resonating with entrepreneurial leadership;
- Have demonstrated how a business education will help further your career goals;
- Have demonstrated need for financial support.
- English Language Requirements: Candidates whose first language is not English or who have not studied at an English-speaking university are required to take either the TOEFL or IELTS tests.
How to Apply: To apply for the Skoll Scholarship you first need to apply and be accepted onto the Saïd Business School’s MBA programme.
Follow these steps:
- 1. Connect with us to register your interest in the Scholarship and make sure you’re kept up to date with announcements about upcoming deadlines.
- 2. Apply for the MBA program directly to Saïd Business School. You’ll need to do this during stages 1 and 2 of the MBA admissions process for the 2018-19 academic year. All the information about the program and relevant deadlines can be found here.
- 3. Tick the “Skoll Scholarship” box when you submit your MBA application! You’ll find this under the “Scholarships” section of the application.
- 4. The MBA admissions team will assess your application to ensure you meet the academic requirements sought by the Saïd Business School. Then, if you are accepted onto the MBA program, you will be eligible to apply for the Skoll Scholarship.
- 5. Once you’ve received confirmation that you have been accepted onto the MBA program, keep an eye on your emails as the Skoll Centre will send you a link to the Scholarship online application. See timelines below to know when to expect this.
- 6. Complete the Skoll Scholarship online application. This consists of a series of short essay questions asking about your experience as an entrepreneur, your social impact, and why you believe you are a strong candidate for the opportunity .
- 7. That’s it! The Skoll Centre will then consider your candidacy for the opportunity and advise you accordingly. If your written application is successful, you’ll be invited to join a Skype interview with the Skoll Scholarship Selection Committee. If you are successful after your skype interview, you will be invited to interview in person in Oxford. (Please see below for the steps and timelines of each interview stage; and please be aware you may be invited to further interviews if necessary.)
We encourage you to apply to the MBA as early as possible. If you have applied during stage 2, but the decision on your MBA application has been pushed back by the School’s Admissions Team you will need to let us know if you still want to be eligible for the Skoll Scholarship. We will decide on a case by case basis if you are eligible to continue with the application process.