The University of Oxford is offering Skoll Scholarships for MBA students. The scholarship provides full funding plus a living stipend to complete a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) at the University of Oxford’s Saïd Business School.
The mission of the Skoll Centre is to accelerate the impact of entrepreneurial activity that aims to transform unjust or unsatisfactory systems and practices.
Wonderful chance for students in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Saïd Business School is an academic department and the business school of the University of Oxford in the UK. It is the University of Oxford’s centre of learning for undergraduate and graduate students in business, management, and finance.
Application Deadline: Applications will close on March 2024. Please send your entry on time to get better consideration.
- Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing an MBA programme at the Saïd Business School.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded to MBA students who want to pursue entrepreneurial solutions for urgent social and environmental challenges.
- Awards: The Scholarship is intended to cover the Oxford Saïd MBA course fees. Additional funds are provided as a contribution towards living expenses. In rare cases, partial scholarships may be offered.
- Number of Scholarships: The Skoll Centre typically awards up to four Scholarships every year.
- Nationality: Any Nationality
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Students of any nationality can apply for these Skoll scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for the Skoll Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Have started a new social venture or an initiative within an existing organisation, or pursued positive change as an impact career professional (i.e. someone who has used entrepreneurial approaches to address the same social/environmental issue with a clear core thread that unites his/her work) for preferably 3 years or longer by the time you apply for the MBA;
- Have demonstrated evidence of personal qualities strongly resonating with entrepreneurial leadership;
- Have demonstrated how a business education will help further your career goals;
- Have demonstrated need for financial support.
How to Apply
To apply for the Skoll Scholarship you first need to apply and be accepted onto the Saïd Business School’s MBA programme.
Follow these steps:
- 1. Connect with us to register your interest in the Scholarship and make sure you’re kept up to date with announcements about upcoming deadlines.
- 2. Apply for the MBA program directly to Saïd Business School. You’ll need to do this during stages 1 and 2 of the MBA admissions process for the 2024-25 academic year. All the information about the program and relevant deadlines can be found here.
- 3. Tick the “Skoll Scholarship” box when you submit your MBA application! You’ll find this under the “Scholarships” section of the application.
- 4. The MBA admissions team will assess your application to ensure you meet the academic requirements sought by the Saïd Business School. Then, if you are accepted onto the MBA program, you will be eligible to apply for the Skoll Scholarship.
- 5. Once you’ve received confirmation that you have been accepted onto the MBA program, keep an eye on your emails as the Skoll Centre will send you a link to the Scholarship online application. See timelines below to know when to expect this.
- 6. Complete the Skoll Scholarship online application. This consists of a series of short essay questions asking about your experience as an entrepreneur, your social impact, and why you believe you are a strong candidate for the scholarship.
- 7. That’s it! The Skoll Centre will then consider your candidacy for the Scholarship and advise you accordingly. If your written application is successful, you’ll be invited to join a Skype interview with the Skoll Scholarship Selection Committee. If you are successful after your skype interview, you will be invited to interview in person in Oxford. (Please see below for the steps and timelines of each interview stage, and please be aware you may be invited to further interviews if necessary.)
- English Language Requirements: Candidates whose first language is not English or who have not studied at an English-speaking university are required to take either the TOEFL or IELTS tests.