National Leadership Grants are started by the Order Sons and Daughters of Italy in America through the Sons of Italy Foundation. This is a funding opportunity available to Italian candidates for the academic year 2023-2024.
The fellowship is an exclusive opportunity for individuals of Italian descent who have at least one Italian or Italian-American grandparent at the time of application. The Sons of Italy Foundation has offered 10 to 12 merit-based scholarships as National Leadership Grants that range from $4,000 to $25,000 in a nationwide competition.
Sons of Italy Foundation National Leadership Grants for Individuals of Italian Descent in USA
Nice offer to fund graduate or undergraduate study in the US.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1905 as a mutual aid society for the early Italian immigrants, “Order Sons and Daughters of Italy in America (OSDIA)” has thousands of family members found in all fifty states and the District of Columbia, USA.
“Sons of Italy Foundation” (SIF) is a federal community of men and women who describe the calculated 17 million Americans of Italian heritage. SIF has committed to advancing its civilization, habits, vocabulary, the heritage of its antecedents, and grants to the U.S. and the world.
Application Deadline: 28 February 2023
- University or Organization: Sons of Italy Foundation
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate or graduate
- Award: $4,000 to $25,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 10 to 12 merit-based scholarships
- Nationality: Italian descent
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Eligible Countries: Students of Italian descent (at least one Italian or Italian-American grandparent) are eligible to apply.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The funding will be endowed for undergraduate or graduate study courses offered by the Sons of Italy Foundation.
- Admissible Criteria: To be worthy, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Individuals of Italian descent (at least one Italian or Italian-American grandparent) enrolled in a graduate program or in an undergraduate program at a four-year, accredited academic institution for the 2023 fall term.
- Previous SIF scholarship winners are not eligible. Additional eligibility requirements may apply to specific scholarships.
- U.S. citizens and Green Card Holders
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Interested students are requested to complete and submit their registration form For each scholarship, all requirements must be uploaded to the online application. Supporting Documents: Transcripts: For each scholarship, transcripts provided must be through the December 2020 term. All transcripts must be stamped by the institution.
- Processing Fee: A $35 non-refundable processing fee is required with each scholarship application. The fee includes a one-year At-Large Membership to OSDIA, with all At-Large Membership benefits.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the course-specific requirements of the Sons of Italy Foundation.
- Language Requirement: The candidate must provide evidence of English Language proficiency
The Sons of Italy Foundation® (SIF) has offered 10 to 12 merit-based scholarships (National Leadership Grants), ranging from $4,000 to $25,000 in a nationwide competition. These figures and the number of scholarships may vary according to funding each year.