The Sophia University Scholarships are open now for spring 2019 intake. Scholarships will be awarded to students who have Japanese nationality and foreign nationals for pursuing undergraduate and graduate degree programme.
The Sophia University New Students Scholarship is intended to contribute to developing human resources by supporting students whose first choice of school is Sophia University and who had excellent grades but who would find it difficult to study here due to financial hardship.
The Sophia University is a private Jesuit research university in Japan, with its main campus located near Yotsuya station, in an area of Tokyo’s Chiyoda Ward. It is ranked as one of the top private universities in Japan.
- Applications Deadline: August 24, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate and graduate programme.
- Study Subject: Students applying to the 2019 Sophia University Undergraduate/Graduate Course (English Course) entrance examination and who meet the above requirements.
? Faculty of Liberal Arts
? Faculty of Science and Technology Green Science and Engineering Course
? Graduate Program in Global Studies, Graduate School of Global Studies
? International Graduate Course, Graduate Program in Global Environment Studies, Graduate School of Global Environmental Studies
? Green Science/Engineering Courses, Graduate School of Science and Technology
? Graduate Program in Linguistics (TESOL), Graduate School of Languages and Linguistics
? Graduate Program in Education (English Course), Graduate School of Human Sciences
- Scholarship Award: Selections are made based on “Sophia University New Students Scholarship Regulations” and one of
the following scholarship amounts will be provided to successful applicants:
1. Sophia University New Students Scholarship
– the amount equal to full tuition (annual)
– the amount equal to half tuition(annual)
– the amount equal to one-third tuition (annual)
2. Sophia Benefactors’ Scholarships (Adachi)
– The amount equal to full tuition and education enhancement fee
- Nationality: Japanese andInternational students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Number of Scholarships: Not known
- Scholarship can be taken in Japan
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Japanese and foreign nationals can apply for these scholarships.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Students who have Japanese nationality and foreign nationals and whose status of residence is other than “study abroad”. Please apply for a private scholarship student (status of residence “study abroad”) scholarship for the scholarship for international students. (Scheduled to be known on Loyola bulletin board)
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Applicants should be sent to Sophia University Yotsuya Campus by post.
- Applicant himself/herself can only be submitted by the window. Submission by mail or submission by others including family members is not allowed at all. Please bring your student ID to confirm the identity at the time of submitting the document.
- Download period and application period are different. Since the application period has been set separately by course, please be sure to check the application period. We do not accept any applications outside the application period.
Scholarship Application Form for International Students(62.32 KB)
Scholarship Application Form for Japanese Students(214.46 KB)