Fraunhofer IAIS in St.Augustin (close to Cologne, Germany) is looking for researchers and engineers in speech technology. The successful candidates will investigate and develop novel solutions for spoken document retrieval and ASR. This post would suit someone with a Ph.D. in the area and postdoctoral experience either in the industrial or academic area.
Further, we are looking for a motivated Ph.D. candidate for novel research work on ASR technologies. Fraunhofer is one of the leading research organizations in Europe. The department NetMedia (http://www.iais.fraunhofer.de/netmedia.html) of the institute IAIS in St. Augustin investigates methods and solutions for automatic media indexing and analysis.
Worthy opportunity for candidates
User Review( votes)
These technologies are applied for multimedia search engines. The research work is carried out in several European(Vitalas, Boemie, CitizenMedia, Chorus, Live) and national funded (i.e.Theseus) projects and is applied in co-operation with industrial partners.
- Speech Recognition Research Engineer and
- Speech Recognition PhD
- Postdoctoral experience in speech recognition (for Research Engineer)
- Good knowledge of pattern processing
- Good knowledge skills in C++, Java, Perl, and Linux
- Experience of working in a team
- Good level of German and English (spoken and written)
- Desirable Experience working with HTK and/or Julius
- Experience in spoken document retrieval
How to Apply
Applicants should send a CV and a covering letter to:
Questions or requests for further details can be sent to Joachim Köhler at the same email address.
Fraunhofer Institut IAIS
Intelligence Analyze-and Information system
Phone: +49 2241 141900
Fax. +49 2241 142597
Mobil: +49 170 7834833