Highly motivated aspirants from Australia are invited to take part in the Sponsorship Grants for Student Science Engagement and International Competitions.
The purpose of this grant is to support young Australians under the age of 18 to attend or participate in STEM-related events, activities, and competitions in Australia and overseas.
Fab choice for Australian students
User Review( votes)
The Government of Australia commonly referred to as the Australian Government, the Commonwealth Government, Her Majesty’s Government, or the Federal Government. It is made up of democratically-elected representatives from around Australia.
Why should apply to this program? The program gives a lucky chance to the applicants, who wish to pursue a career in the research related field. They can get the destination for career, leadership, and volunteer opportunities specific to their education and professional goals.
- University or Organization: Australian Government
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Any course
- Award: $1,000 to $20,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: Australian students
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Aspirants from Australia
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Any course in any subject
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for this grant, the applicant must be a primary or secondary school that is registered with a state or territory authority, an incorporated not for profit organization and an entity incorporated in Australia. Candidate needs to hold the Australian Business Number (ABN).
- To be eligible your project must involve the participation of a student or a group of students at an eligible event, have at least $1,000 in eligible expenditure and be related to the pursuit of a field of STEM and one that promotes student engagement in STEM-related disciplines, or participation in STEM-based competitions both in Australia and overseas.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: If you want to apply for this studentship then you are required to submit your application through the online portal. You will need to set up an account when you first log into the portal. The portal allows you to apply for and manage a grant or service in a secure online environment.
- Supporting Documents: For being accepted, you need to attach the sample grant agreement – letter agreement.
- Language Requirements: Claimants need to demonstrate that they have met the English language proficiency.
The Australian Government has announced a total of $7.23 million per year in ongoing funding for the Inspiring Australia – Science Engagement Programme. For this grant opportunity, up to $1.6 million is available each year.
$1 million per year for student participation in STEM engagement activities and events that take place in Australia or overseas and $600,000 per year for student participation in international STEM competitions taking place outside Australia.
Application Deadline: Applications will close when the funding for the year runs out.