The University of British Columbia is inviting applications for Graduate Awards Competition in Canada. A number of University’s awards for the upcoming academic year are available to current and incoming graduate students.
The University of British Columbia is a global centre for research and teaching, consistently ranked among the 40 best universities in the world.
Great offer for applicants.
User Review( votes)
The candidate should have a very good command of the English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- Application Deadline: Closed
- Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing master and doctoral programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Award: $150 to $16,000
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: Canadian and international students are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: Students must be registered, full-time graduate students during the period of the award. Additional eligibility criteria differ between awards, and students might be eligible for multiple awards. List of awards is available in the Application Form – Part 2. In the Application Form – Part 2, students must clearly address their eligibility as specifically to the award description as possible. To be eligible to receive funding, applicants must meet all the criteria for each award they apply for.
- English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of the English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
How to Apply: Applicants must submit the following materials to their graduate program at UBC:
- Completed Application Form – PART 1
- Completed Application Form – PART 2
- Canadian CCV – CGS-Master’s version
Applicants are required to complete the CCV from the Canadian Common CV Web site as part of their application. Refer to the Canadian Common CV – How to Complete the Canada graduate funding opportunities-Master’s Version for details.
Applicants should access the .pdf version of their CCV by clicking “History” in the top menu bar when logged into the CCV website and download the .pdf version of their CCV, rather than the .xml version.
- Academic records for all university-level studies (including studies undertaken but not completed) up to December 31, 2017. For institutions other than UBC, only official transcripts will be accepted. These may be original or certified true copies provided by the applicant’s graduate program. For UBC, the applicant’s “Academic History” printed from the SISC by the applicant’s graduate program will be accepted. Please note that students must request certified true copies of transcripts from their graduate program, not from the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies.
- One recommendation letter/form Only recommendation letter/form signed by the person providing the reference are acceptable; original, faxed, and scanned copies sent by e-mail directly to the applicant’s graduate program are acceptable. In some cases, a reference letter submitted for a previous scholarship competition may be used; see the application instructions for details.