There are 15 St Mary’s International Student Scholarships available to new, full-time undergraduate and postgraduate taught degree students. These scholarships are open to prospective full-time students in any subject area.
St Mary’s University is generally acknowledged to be the oldest Catholic university in the United Kingdom. Formerly called St Mary’s University College, it was granted full university title by the Privy Council on 23rd January 2014.
User Review( vote)
The university prepares its students for flourishing lives, successful careers and social commitment through excellent, research-enriched teaching in a strong community of mutual respect based on our Catholic ethos and identity.
Applicants must have IELTS score 6.0 overall with not less than 5.5 in any section for undergraduates and 6.5 overall with no less than 5.5 in any section for postgraduates.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing full-time undergraduate and postgraduate programme.
Study Subject: The scholarships are open to prospective full-time students in any subject area.
Number of Awards: There are 15 St Mary’s International Student Scholarships available.
- Undergraduate: Each scholarship is worth £3,000 off the cost of your first year tuition fee. These rewards are not renewable after the first year of study.
- Postgraduate/PGCE: Each scholarship is worth £3,000 off the total cost of your tuition fee.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
- The scholarships are open to prospective full-time, on-campus students in any subject area.
- Applicants can apply for a St Mary’s Scholarship award if you are an international student (Non-EU) and have an offer of a place on a degree programme at St Mary’s University for 2017/18 entry.
- Scholarship applications will be considered holistically based on a student’s academic record, taking into account test scores, grades and any special academic achievements. You must also be able to demonstrate an outstanding personal profile as evidenced in your personal statement.
Nationality: International Students are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Scholarship applications will be considered holistically based on a student’s academic record, taking into account test scores, grades and any special academic achievements.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: If English is not applicant’s first language they will be required to evidence their English language ability required for academic study. Acceptable English language qualifications are normally one of the following:
- IELTS (academic) Undergraduates: 6.0 overall with not less than 5.5 in any section or Postgraduates: 6.5 overall with no less than 5.5 in any section
- Pearson Test of English (PTE Academic) Undergraduates: 55 overall with no less than 51 in any section or Postgraduates: 60 overall with no less than 51 in each section
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English grade C
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English grade C
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English
- ISE Level II With pass in all four components
- For the IELTS or PTE applicant’s test must not be more than two years old by 1st September in the year they intend to start your programme.
How to Apply: St Mary’s offer holders can apply using our online Overseas Student Scholarship Application Form. If they have any questions about the application and selection procedure, please contact international-at-stmarys.ac.uk. In order to be considered applicants must submit:
- A certified copy of your most recent qualification along with an official transcript from the institution it was awarded by.
- A personal statement, no more than 500 words in length, outlining your study and career objectives and how you would contribute to St Mary’s and its mission.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 21, 2017.