The Alice Smith School is inviting applications for Reach for the Stars Scholarship Program for the 2017-2018 academic year.
The underlying aim of these partial scholarships is to make Sixth Form study at the school more accessible to students who have the desire, drive and ambition to study in a truly diverse, dynamic and caring community, learning with exceptional teachers and with students from over 45 different nations.
Established in 1946 by Mrs Alice Fairfield-Smith to provide expatriate children with a high-quality education in Kuala Lumpur, we are the oldest British school in Malaysia and one of the oldest in SE Asia.
Scholarships offered will be based on merit, with the following criteria:
- Demonstrated outstanding academic ability.
- Demonstrated outstanding talent in the performing Arts or in Sport.
- Characteristics expected of an Alice Smith School student, not only in terms of their studies but also in their all-round contribution to their school and the wider community.
- Potential to be a worthy ambassador for the Alice Smith School.
- English language ability.
- Course Level: Scholarship is available for school students.
- Study Subject: Subjects offered by the university.
- Nationality: Malaysia citizens are eligible to apply for this application .
- English Language Requirement: yes
How to Apply:
These are the documents required to apply for the Reach for the Stars Scholarship:
- Completed application form (handwritten).
- A typed personal statement of no more than 400 words.
- A copy of your SPM or I/GCSE forecast results and recent school report.
- A letter of recommendation from your current Principal (or teacher).
- A letter of recommendation from an adult outside the school environment who knows you through your extra-curricular activities, either sports, music, arts or community service.
Application Deadline: All applications must be submitted by no later than November 3, 2017.
Award: Reach for the Stars Scholarship benefits include a 25% tuition fee reduction in addition to the waiver of the enrollment fee and building fund contribution worth RM 25,000.