The Friedrich Schiller University is offering State Scholarships, so-called Landesgraduiertenstipendien, funded by the State of Thuringia. These are available for pursuing the doctoral program.
Scholarships may be extended up to a maximum funding period of three years. These are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Excellent opportunity for Germany citizens.
User Review( votes)
Friedrich Schiller University Jena is a public research university located in Jena, Thuringia, Germany. The university was established in 1558 and is counted among the ten oldest universities in Germany.
Why study at Friedrich Schiller University Jena? Friedrich Schiller University excels in both first-rate teaching models and excellent interdisciplinary research, making the Jena science region a beacon of international brilliance.
University or Organization: Friedrich Schiller University Jena
Course Level: Doctoral program
Award: 1400 EUR per month
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Citizens of Germany
The program can be taken in Germany
Application Deadline: 25 September 2020
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of Germany are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: The scholarship can be awarded to candidates who
- Proof their qualification for research with outstanding exam results
- Are accepted by at least one supervisor at Friedrich Schiller University
- Meet the admission requirements for a doctorate at FSU Jena and who prepare a doctorate at FSU.
The applications will be assessed on the basis of the following criteria:
- University studies finished in an appropriate time
- Outstanding exam results that show the applicant’s special qualification for research
- A scientifically complex and demanding dissertation project, which can be finished within three years and is meant to be an important contribution to science.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To participate, the applicants need to submit an online application.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants need to provide a CV, Exposé of your Ph.D. project, Abstract of the written exam paper (if applicable) on 2 – 3 pages, Scan of your university degree (with transcripts).
Further parts of your application:
- A confidential reference by your supervisor, containing information about the Ph.D. project and the personal and scientific qualification of the applicant.
- Please ask your supervisor to submit the form directly to [email protected]
- A confidential, formless reference by a second professor. Please ask the professor to submit the form directly to [email protected]
The funding period for these scholarships is up to two years. Scholarships may be extended up to a maximum funding period of three years. The scholarship is 1400- EUR per month and (if applicable) extra payments for childcare.