Stockholm University is offering an opportunity through its PhD Position in Japan’s International Relations for the academic year 2021-2022.
This educational program is available for high potential international candidates who have a plan to take part in PhD degree coursework at the university.
Worthy offer for students in Sweden.
User Review( votes)
Stockholm University, which was founded in 1878 and is ranked among the top 100 institutions in the world, provides bachelors, master’s, and doctoral degree programmes. It is a leading higher education institution in Europe.
Why study at Stockholm University? Through teaching and research at the highest worldwide level, SU provides new opportunities for individuals and society. Students can acquire a top-notch education as well as an exceptional research atmosphere here. They will learn to think critically and analytically, select the best strategy for solving problems on their own, and expand their knowledge of research ethics.
Application Deadline: June 10, 2021
- University: Stockholm University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: Salary
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in Sweden
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree in International Relations
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- A completed first-cycle programme in international relations or an equivalent programme of at least 90 higher education credits, as well as a completed second-cycle programme in international relations or an equivalent programme of at least 30 credits, of which at least 15 credits (or equivalent) shall consist of independent thesis work at a second-cycle level (either 60 credit or 120 credit Master’s thesis),
- An additional 60 credits from completed higher education with a theoretical specialisation in subjects relevant to the doctoral studies, or equivalent studies,
- Sufficient knowledge of English to be able to benefit from the third-cycle education.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for the opportunity, applicants must take admission in the PhD degree program at Stockholm University. After that, they must need to complete the application via the Online Application form for this award.
- Supporting Documents: Please submit all the following documents:
- CV – degrees and other completed courses, work experience and a list of degree projects/theses
- Research proposal describing:
Här preciserar institutionen eventuella krav på omfattning och struktur, t.ex.
which research task you want to pursue within the position
why and how you wish to address this research task
what makes you suitable for the project in question
- Degree certificates and grades confirming that you meet the general and specific entry requirements (no more than 6 files)
- Degree projects/theses (no more than 3 files).
- Certificate in English corresponding to at least 550 credits on the Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL). This criterion does not apply for students who have completed their education at a Swedish university, where English proficiency is a general eligibility requirement.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must have a master’s degree from a recognized university.
- Language Requirement: You can demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through certain upper secondary (high school) studies, certain university studies, or an internationally recognised English test.
The Stockholm University will provide a good salary package to the successful candidates for the academic year 2021/2022.