Applications are invited for the Summer Transportation Internship Program for Diverse Groups (STIPDG) for the year 2016. Undergraduate applicants must be juniors or seniors for the upcoming Fall Semester. Undergraduate applicants from Junior, Tribal, or Community Colleges must have completed their first year.
The Summer Transportation Internship Program for Diverse Groups (STIPDG) provides a unique opportunity to gain valuable professional experience and skills that will complement your academic pursuits.
A fine program for students.
User Review( votes)
The STIPDG is a paid internship program open to all qualified candidates without regard to their race, gender, colour, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law.
- Field of Internship: It provides a unique opportunity to gain valuable professional experience and skills that will complement interns academic pursuits. The STIPDG is open to all qualified applicants but is designed to provide qualified women, persons with disabilities, and members of diverse groups with summer opportunities in transportation where these groups have been under-represented.
- Course Level: Internship
- Internship Provider: FHWA’s Office of Civil Rights’ On-the-Job Training Supportive Services Program
- An internship can be taken in the USA
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in degree-granting programs of study at accredited U.S. institutions of higher education recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (visit https://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/search.aspx to verify your school and/or program of study).
- Undergraduate applicants must be juniors or seniors for the upcoming Fall Semester. Undergraduate applicants from Junior, Tribal, or Community Colleges must have completed their first year.
- Graduate applicants must be enrolled in the upcoming Fall Semester.
- Law applicants must be entering their second or third year of law school in the upcoming Fall Semester.
- Applicants who are scheduled to graduate during the Spring or Summer Semesters of this academic year are not eligible for consideration for the STIPDG unless: (1) they have been accepted for graduate school enrollment; (2) they have been accepted for enrollment at an institution of higher education; or (3) their acceptance is pending.
- Former STIPDG interns may apply but will not necessarily receive preferential consideration.
- Applicants will be evaluated based on the “completeness” of the application and the Required Documents listed below.
- Applicants must be available and able to participate through the duration of the 10-week program.
- Applicants must submit a completed application, to the webpage listed above, no later than January 31, 2020.
How to Apply:
- The STIPDG Application – (http://stipdg.e.twc.edu/)
- Copy of Your Transcript/Grade Record/Report – submit you’re most recent reflecting your Cumulative GPA. Priority will be given to Applicants with GPA’s of 3.0 or better. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable but should clearly display the applicant’s first and last name, and school logo.
- One Reference – print the form contained within the online application, have it completed by a department chair, professor, advisor, or employer to include comments, if possible and submit it with your application.
- Your Resume – submit one reflecting work experience, volunteerism, awards, leadership, and extra-curricular activities; preferable supporting the type of transportation experience you are seeking.
- A Writing Sample – Undergraduate Students: submit a typed essay, one-page, double-spaced, minimum 12-point type, on your transportation interests, describing how your participation in the STIPDG will enhance your educational and career plans and goals.
- Graduate Students: submit a writing sample (not to exceed 2 pages) representing your educational and career plans and goals.
- Law Students: submit a legal writing sample
Internship Application Deadline: Internship application deadline is January 15, 2020