Graduate Scholarship in the field of Actuarial Mathematics and Statistics at the University of Manitoba, Canada.
Sun Life Financial offers an annual scholarship, valued at $5,000, for students in the Warren Centre for Actuarial Studies and Research at the University of Manitoba.
User Review( votes)
In addition to the program, recipients of the Sun Life Financial Scholarship in Actuarial Mathematics will be offered a four-month work placement at a Sun Life Financial office in Ontario. Recipients will be paid at standard rates for the student actuarial pool within Sun Life Financial for the work placement.
- Study Subject(s): Actuarial Mathematics and statistics
- Course Level: Graduate
- Scholarship Provider: Sun Life Financial
- The award can be taken at: Canada
1. is a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident eligible for employment in Canada;
2. has completed between 60 and 90 credit hours toward either a Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) or a Bachelor of Science (Honours) degree and plan to graduate at the conclusion of the next ensuing academic session;
3. is enrolled full-time (80% course load) in either (a) the I.H. Asper School of Business, in a Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) degree with a declared Major in Actuarial Mathematics or (b) the Faculty of Science, in a Bachelor of Science (Honours) degree with a declared Major in Actuarial Mathematics or Statistics – Actuarial Mathematics;
4. has achieved a minimum degree grade point average of 3.0;
5. has passed at least one examination administered by the Society of Actuaries;
6. has demonstrated a commitment to pursuing a career in actuarial sciences;
7. has demonstrated leadership skills in the local community and/or through student committees and/or student associations;
8. is committed to participating in a four-month work placement with Sun Life Financial during the summer term after the term in which the award recipient is selected.
How to Apply: by Post
application Deadline: October 11, 2011