In order to start their studies in the academic year 2018, applications have been invited for students of South East Asia for Sun Yat-sen programs.
Excellent applicants applying for the program without adequate Chinese language proficiency should take Chinese introductory courses for an academic year.
Fantastic opportunity for Southeast Asian Students.
User Review( votes)
Sun Yat-sen University, abbreviated SYSU and colloquially known in Chinese as Zhongda, also known as Zhongshan University, is a major Chinese public research university located in Guangdong, People’s Republic of China.
Whty at Sun Yat-Sen University – Sun Yat-Sen University is a comprehensive multi-disciplinary university. The University has successfully constructed international cooperation and exchange relations with many of the world’s top universities.
Application deadline: Closed
- Students from Southeast Asia are eligible to apply.
- Applicants should be non-Chinese with a valid foreign passport and meet requirements in the “Notice of Regulating, and in good health and aged between 18 to 25.
- Holders also should be friendly towards China, law-abiding, studious and well-conducted, without any records of violation of Chinese laws, regulations or school rules and also be high school graduates, with their grades ranking among the top, or with excellence in social services, sports, music, cultural activities or leadership.
- Learners should obtain a recommendation letter issued by the recommendation institutions and be responsible for its authenticity.
How to Apply
- How to apply: If you are interested, you may apply for programmes after you have accepted an offer of a place at the University. After taking a full-time enrolment in the first year of a programme for an undergraduate degree at the university in the subject you wish to study, you are eligible to complete an online application for the opportunity s.
- Supporting Documents: All supporting documents and requirements are as follows (Those supporting documents that are not in Chinese or English should be accompanied by a formal certified translation in Chinese or English) Passport biographical page, Graduation certificate of the highest level of education, Transcripts from the highest level of education, Language Proficiency Certificate, Recommendation letter, Personal statement, Other supporting documents.
- Admission Requirements: For undergraduate programs, applicants should end senior high school and should be 18 – 45 years old and healthy. The duration of study for human and social science and natural science is 4 years, and 5 years for medical science.
- Language Requirement: Outstanding applicants who apply for the programme without adequate Chinese language proficiency must take a Chinese preparatory course for one academic year. Upon the completion of the course and the satisfaction of the language entry requirements, they can begin their undergraduate studies with Chinese as the language of instruction.
The tuition fee in the support will be deducted directly, Accommodation fee and comprehensive insurance, and the remaining amount will be transferred to the individual bank account of the recipient every month after enrolment and registration.