Swansea University is now accepting applications for the Fully-Funded PhD Scholarships in Biosciences programme for the 2022-2023 academic year.
This golden funding program is open for all high achieving UK and EU students who are going to start their PhD studies on 1 July 2022 at the university.
The studentship is fully funded that will cover a stipend of £15,609 per annum.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1920, Swansea University is a recognized research-intensive institution emerging as a world-class place for higher learning. It is included in the list of the UK’s top 30 universities and has gained immense popularity among the students.
Why choose to study at Swansea University? Swansea University promotes freedom and places a premium on critical thinking. Swansea students are resilient in the face of global difficulties and can adjust to a changing job environment. It is dedicated to the mental health and well-being of students and offers a variety of student support services.
Application Deadline: This grant application will be accepted only through 9 February 2022.
- University or Organization: Swansea University
- Department: Faculty of Science and Engineering
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: Fully-Funded
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: UK and EU candidates
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: UK and EU.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree programme in Biosciences
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- At least an upper 2.1 degree or master’s degree in a relevant subject (animal ecology, veterinary science or epidemiology, evolutionary, molecular or computational biology) or Non-UK equivalent as defined by Swansea University (see – Country-specific Information for European Applicants 2019and Country-specific Information for International Applicants 2019) with an emphasis on data analysis and existing molecular skills
- This project is an opportunity for diverse skill acquisition, candidates need to demonstrate a genuine interest/willingness to combine field research, laboratory techniques relevant in parasitology and animal health research and ecological modelling (including geospatial approaches)
- Strong time and data management and interpersonal skills.
- Evidence of good verbal and written communication skills.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the scholarships, applicants must take admission in a PhD degree programme at Swansea University. After getting enrolled, they can complete the online application system.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Degree certificates and transcripts(if you are currently studying for a degree, screenshots of your grades to date are sufficient)
- A cover letter including a ‘Supplementary Personal Statement’ to explain why the position particularly matches your skills and experience and how you choose to develop the project.
- Two references
- Evidence of meeting English Language requirement
- Copy of UK resident visa
- Admission Requirements: Candidates must have attained, or must be expected to attain, a first-class honours degree and a distinction at master’s level.
- Language Requirement: If applicable – IELTS 6.5 Overall (6.0 each comp.) or Swansea University recognised equivalent. Full details of our English Language policy.
Each scholarship awarded will cover the full cost of UK tuition fees and an annual stipend of £15,609. Additional research expenses will also be available.