Swiss Government is proud to offer Excellence Scholarships for foreign scholars and artists in Switzerland. The funding program is open for the academic session 2022-2023.
Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD, postdoctoral, research programs and fine arts at one of the public-funded universities or recognized institution.
Fab choice for international students to study in Switzerland.
User Review( votes)
The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships are aimed at young researchers from abroad who have completed a master’s degree or PhD and at foreign artists holding a bachelor’s degree.
Each year the Swiss Confederation awards Government Excellence Scholarships to promote international exchange and research cooperation between Switzerland and over 180 other countries. Recipients are selected by the awarding body, the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS).
University or Organization: Swiss Government
Course Level: PhD, postdoctoral, research programs
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: International Students
The program can be taken in Switzerland
Application Deadline: Varies from country to country: September-December
- International applicants are eligible to apply.
- Scholarships are offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education.
- Scholarships are available for pursuing Ph.D., postdoctoral and research programs and fine arts scholarships are for the Master program (according to the ECTS credits).
- Master’s degree or equivalent university degree recognized by the Swiss university. The applicant must have achieved this degree before the start of the scholarship next September. As proof, the degree has to be submitted to the Federal Commission for Scholarships before the start of the scholarship.
- Applicant’s date of birth after 31 December 1983.
- PhD degree
- No more than five years may have passed between the award of the PhD and the application deadline.
- Applicants who are in Switzerland for more than one year at the beginning of the scholarship in September are not eligible.
- Applicants must be in command of the necessary language skills required for the postdoctoral research.
- Applicants who have already benefited from a Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship are not eligible to apply for a second scholarship.
- Master’s degree or equivalent university degree recognized by the Swiss university. The applicant must have achieved this degree before the start of the scholarship next September. As a proof, the degree has to be submitted to the Federal Commission for Scholarships before the start of the scholarship.
- Applicants must be born after 31 December 1983
Fine Arts Criteria
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Applicants must be born after 31 December 1983.
- Applicants should start their scholarship no later than three years after graduating with their Bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants who have been in Switzerland for more than one year at the beginning of the scholarship in September are not eligible.
- Applicants must be in command of the necessary language skills required for the Master’s program.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The application package can be obtained by e-mail from the Swiss Embassy. Please submit 3 sets (=1 original + 2 copies) of application documents in the exact order given below: The 1st set contains the original, signed documents plus the confidential letters of recommendation and if applicable the attested translations. The other two sets are the copies of the 1st set except for the confidential letters of recommendation (only 1st set).
- Supporting Documents: Applicants need to provide signed FCS application form (typed and printed) with photo, a full CV, motivation letter, complete research proposal, copy of the letter from an academic host professor, Two confidential letters of recommendation from, Photocopies of certificates and grade sheets, signed medical certificate, two copies of the applicant’s passport, Dual nationals add copies of both passports.
- Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
The scholarship winners will receive an educational fund to cover their tuition fee for the course.
For detailed information, go through the link given below: