The University of Sydney is pleased to offer the Postgraduate Research funding for International Student who wants to study a PhD in the School of Physics in Australia.
The program is designed to provide financial assistance to a PhD student who is undertaking research to work on radio transients with the Australian SKA Pathfinder (ASKAP).
Wonderful offer to study in Australia with financial assistance.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1850, Sydney University ranks as one of the world’s top 25 most reputable universities. Whether you are starting your journey as an undergraduate or a master student, you will be exposed to leaders in fields who work across disciplines to face major social challenges.
Why at the University of Sydney? Sydney works to develop the skills, knowledge and values that help students become a leader in a rapidly changing world. The university offers bachelor, master and doctoral degrees through its nine faculties and university schools.
Application Deadline: August 20, 2021, at 11.59pm (AEST)
- University or Organization: The University of Sydney
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD/ Postgraduate Research
- Award: Tuition fees (for three years)
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from all around the world
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD in Radio Transients
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- The award is offered subject to the applicant having an unconditional offer of admission to study full-time in a PhD within the School of Physics at the University of Sydney.
- The applicant must be an international student, that is, an applicant who is not an Australian Citizen, New Zealand Citizen, or an Australian Permanent Resident.
- Applicants must also hold an Honours degree in physics or astronomy.
- Applicants must hold a primary scholarship that includes a stipend for living expenses.
How to Apply
The mode of application is online.
- To Apply: Before starting your application, applicants must hold an offer to study a PhD in the School of Physics at Sydney. After that applicants can submit an online application and upload required document.
- Supporting Documents: As part of the application, you will need to provide supporting documentation (accepts scanned copies) that demonstrates: academic merit/academic transcript, curriculum vitae, area of study and/or research proposal, evidence that you hold a primary scholarship that includes a stipend for living expenses.
- Admission Requirements:
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you need to provide evidence of English language proficiency through one of the following methods.
- Complete tertiary studies taught in English.
- Take an English proficiency test.
- Be eligible for assessment of English proficiency based on work experience.
The program will provide academic tuition fees for three years. Academic course fees are provided for a successful international applicant, for twelve research periods, subject to satisfactory academic performance.