The Autonomous University of Barcelona will award five grants for the contracting of PhD holding research staff. The grants for contracting research staff have a duration of three years.
The purpose of this call is to award five grants for the contracting of PhD holding research staff (ordinary researchers) with an accredited research profile, on a co-financing basis.
User Review( votes)
UAB is a leading university providing quality teaching in a wide variety of courses that meet the needs of society and are adapted to the new models of the Europe of Knowledge. Our courses provide students with outstanding practical experience, helping them to be better prepared as they enter the professional world. UAB is internationally renowned for its quality and innovation in research.
Course Level: Grants are available for researchers.
Study Subject: The call is open to all areas of knowledge present at the university.
Scholarship Award: The grants will be awarded on a co-financing basis. The UAB will provide half of the amount: €23,000. The remaining 50% of the cost of contracting must be paid by the contractee through their own research projects or contracts or by the research groups of which they form a part.
Number of Scholarships: Up to five grants are available.
Scholarship can be taken in Spain
Eligibility: The evaluation of applications will take into account the following criteria:
- The quality of the scientific production in the last five years, with articles in high impact publications, international projection and participation in research project nationally and internationally, and transfer activities. This period may be extended to six years if it can be justified that there has been a period of leave for maternity or paternity, care of children under six years of age, people with a physical, psychological or sensory disability or dependents over the age of sixty-five. in the case of more than one period of maternity or paternity leave the period is extended by one year per child. This section represents 60% of the total evaluation.
- The direction of lines of research or is the principal investigator in research or transfer projects or have been so recently. Capacity for obtaining resources. Appropriateness of the lines of research presented to the strategy and objectives of HORIZON 2020. This section represents 30% of the total evaluation.
- Holding advanced research accreditation from recognized entities. This section represents 10% of the total evaluation.
Nationality: International researchers are eligible to apply for these grants.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their previous degree.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: The following documents should be attached:
- Curriculum Vitae. The CV must contain a section giving a summary of the candidate’s scientific experience which should be no longer than one sheet and the ten best scientific contributions. In sections B (Publications), C (Artistic work and architectural projects), D (Patents and utility models) all the information supporting the merits described must be included. If not they will not be considered in the evaluation.
- Certificate of PhD theses supervised. In terms of the number of PhD theses supervised you must attach a certificate issued by the university containing the following information: title and date of the presentation of the thesis, name of the PhD candidate, the name of the supervisor or supervisors and the qualification obtained.
- Publications accepted. You do not need to include the publications referenced in the CV. However, if you have publications accepted but pending publication they should be attached together with a document justifying their acceptance for publication by the publisher in a single file.
- Evaluation reports (online): You may request up to three academic evaluation reports of recognized prestige in respect of the research activity of the applicant.
- ORCID number.
- Applicants must attach a document of commitment to the co-financing indicating where the funds will come from and the viability of co-financing 50% of the total cost of the contract.
- Lines of research to be followed and objectives for the next three years (maximum three sides of paper).
Application Deadline: The deadline for submitting applications is September 25, 2017.