The new Talented Athlete Scholarship Scheme (TASS) is now available at the University of Edinburgh in the UK. The studentships are available to pursue an undergraduate programme in the field of in Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences.
TASS is a Sports England funded partnership between talented athletes, education institutions and national governing bodies of sport. The Scheme supports talented athletes in education – aged 16-plus – find and manage the balance between their sporting and academic careers, by providing them with the access to additional support services such as Strength & Conditioning, Physiotherapy and Lifestyle.
User Review( votes)
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
- Application Deadline: Open all year round.
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue undergraduate programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences.
- Award: A TASS support will offer the following:
- Access to specialist support services (Physiotherapy, Lifestyle, Strength & Conditioning, Psychology, Nutrition);
- A designated mentor;
- Access to training facilities;
- Additional funding to subsidise sport-related costs such as coaching, competition and equipment;
- Access to a series of educational workshops.
- Nationality: Students from EU, Overseas (Non-EU), UK are eligible to apply.
- Number of Awards: Numbers not given
- The award can be taken in the UK
Eligible Countries: This scholarship is available to students from EU, Overseas (Non-EU), UK.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this application you must meet the following requirements:
Scholars may study in any subject, and a variety of Paralympic, winter and summer sports are considered. In order to be considered, you must be achieving national recognition in a sport at least at U18 level.
English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
How to Apply: Nominations usually take place between July and September. For further details please visit the TASS website or contact your National Governing Body (NGB).