In collaboration with Teagasc Food Research Centre, the University College Dublin has brought the Teagasc PhD Walsh Scholarships to international students who wish to pursue their research study in Ireland for the academic year 2021-2022.
Irish students are also eligible to apply for this along with international students. Students that undertake a PhD degree study focusing on Bacillus spore control during dairy processing are eligible to receive this application . A yearly stipend will be awarded to the winners.
UCD is one of Europe’s leading research-intensive universities ranked 226th in Best Global Universities. UCD aims to pursue truth and foster learning in an atmosphere of discovery, creativity, and innovation.
Why choose to study at University College Dublin? UCD is highly regarded for its quality of teaching that is complemented by a high standard of support. It is also globally recognized for its excellence in teaching and learning. UCD is committed to benchmarked international standards in all its activities.
Application Deadline: 20th September 2021
- University or Organization: University College Dublin
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: €24,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Ireland
- Eligible Countries: Students from all foreign countries can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants are eligible to undertake a PhD study in the Bacillus spore control during dairy processing at UCD.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be highly self-motivated and work well as part of a wider research team.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants must apply to UCD through its official online portal. To apply for the PhD scholarship, interested applicants must mail the required documents to [email protected].
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Research proposal
- Personal statement
- Admission Requirements: Applicants need to have an honors degree in Microbiology, Food Technology, Food Science, or related discipline.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL – 90
- ETAPP – C1
- PTE – 63
- DET – 110
The selected PhD candidates will be provided a stipend of €24,000 per annum for up to 4 years of study at UCD.