The Ameen Rihani Scholarship 2012 for College Education for Lebanese Americans and other Arab Americans
Study Subject(s):Literature, Philosophy, or Political science
Scholarship Provider: Ameen Rihani Organization
The award can be taken at: Arab American Institute
User Review( votes)
Individuals are eligible to be nominated as recipients of the ARS if they:
– are of Lebanese or other Arab descent;
– are citizens/legal permanent residents of the United States;
– have attained a cumulative GPA of at least 3.25 on a 4.0 scale;
– will enter a college or university as a full-time, degree-seeking freshman in the fall of the year (students who are already in college are not eligible for an ARS award);
– have demonstrated leadership abilities through participation in community service, extracurricular or other activities.
Scholarship Open for International Students: No
Description: The Ameen Rihani Scholarship (ARS), funded by a grant from the Ameen Rihani Organization, was established in 2002 to provide Lebanese Americans and other Arab Americans with an opportunity to complete a college education, particularly those intending to study literature, philosophy, or political science. The goal of ARS is to promote academic excellence and to provide an opportunity for outstanding students to reach their fullest potential. The Ameen Rihani Organization established this initiative to encourage and support Lebanese American and other Arab American students in attending undergraduate institutions of their choice and be prepared to assume important roles as leaders in their professions and in their communities.
How to Apply: By Post
application Deadline: Accepted throughout the period of January 1 through March 15 of each year for the fall of that year