Candidates are invited to apply for a Postdoctoral fellowship which is administrated by the Jacob Blaustein Institutes for Desert Research.
Established in 1974, the Jacob Blaustein Institutes for Desert Research is part of the Ben-Gurion University and is located in the Midreshet Ben-Gurion campus in the center of the Negev desert in Israel.
Worthy offer for candidates
User Review( votes)
The BIDR is one of the six research centers of Ben-Gurion University of the Negev and is currently (June 2015) home to 85 academic, research faculty, 80 technical and administrative staff members, and over 200 Israeli and foreign research students and 35 post-doctoral fellows studying within the frame of the Albert Katz International School for Desert Studies.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by March 3, 2022.
Study Subject(s): desert ecology, solar energy, environmental physics,
rainfed and irrigated agriculture, hydrology, aquaculture, environmental microbiology,
desalination and water treatment, and biotechnology
Course Level: Postdoctoral
Scholarship Provider: Jacob Blaustein Institutes for Desert Research
Scholarship can be taken at Israel
- Grants are awarded on a competitive basis to candidates that received their Ph.D. degree within the last four years.
- The program is open to scientists from all over the world
How to Apply
- You must complete the application form – BCSC scholarship 2022-2023
- You must send copies of your undergraduate and graduate degree diplomas and grade transcripts, as PDF or Word attachments, to the BCSC office, by email at to[email protected]
- 3 reference letters, your referees should be faculty members who have taught and/or worked with you. One of the referees should be your dissertation advisor. Ideally, another referee should be a scientist who is familiar with your work but is from a university other than your own. Please instruct your referees that their reference letters should be sent directly to the BCSC office, as a PDF or Word with the institute’s letterhead and signature Attachment at [email protected]
Exceptional candidates may be awarded the prestigious Jacob Blaustein Fellowship, which includes a yearly fellowship of approximately $27,000 USD (paid in NIS (Israeli currency)), a roundtrip air ticket, and complimentary lodging at the
BIDR’s student/scholar housing unit.