The Brazilian Government’s Exchange Programme is available to students who come from selected developing countries for the academic year 2020/21. The program is funded by the Department of Higher Education and the Training Republic South Africa.
Nice opportunity to study in South Africa
User Review( votes)
The mission of the department is to develop competent, well-educated and skilled citizens who are able to compete in a sustainable, diverse and knowledge-intensive international economy, which meets the country’s development goals.
Students have a good opportunity to improve the quality and efficiency of their work. They will get a lot of benefits by joining the Brazilian Government’s programs.
Application Deadline: Open
- Organization: Brazilian Government’s
- Department: The Department of Higher Education and Training
- Course Level: Undergraduate & Postgraduate (Masters and Doctoral degrees)
- Award: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: Students from developing countries
- The award can be taken in South Africa
- Eligible Countries: Students from developing countries including South Africa.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The undergraduate & postgraduate provide will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must be at least 18 and not more than 23 years of age
- Must have successfully completed a National Senior Certificate with a Bachelor’s pass and a minimum of 60% average mark achieved
- Must have attended high school in a country other than Brazil
- Must present proof of ability to afford living expenses in Brazil
- Must have obtained the CELPE-Bras Certificate for Portuguese proficiency
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply, undergraduate (PEC-G) applicants must refer to the Brazilian Embassy in South Africa to complete application forms and submit the required documents. Candidates may only apply to the participating Brazilian Institutions of Higher Education for the courses currently offered.
- Supporting Documents: Original and copy of the transcript of secondary school (High School) or equivalent, copy of certificate of completion of secondary school (High School) or equivalent, copy of the Calpe-Bras certificate or proof of registration in the Celpe-Bras exam, copies of the candidate’s and both parents’ Birth Certificates and original of certificate of physical and mental health issued within the last three months before application must be submitted.
- Admission Requirements: For admission, applicants must have previous year degree from any recognized university.
- Language Requirement: All studies are taught in Portuguese and applicants must already have sufficient proficiency in the language, as a preparatory language course is not included in the program.
- Benefits: The University will provide all expenses include international travel, accommodation and living costs plus monthly expenses are estimated to amount to between US$400 and $600.