The Capstone Editing Company is currently accepting applications for its Career Academic Research Grant. The educational award is open for the 2021/22 academic year.
The main purpose of the grant is to provide financial support for female early career academics in recognition of the additional barriers they face in achieving academic success and advancing their careers.
Capstone Editing recognizes the importance to their business of hiring, training and retaining the most talented, qualified and experienced academic editors in Australia and New Zealand.
Application Deadline: June 7, 2021
- Organization: Capstone Editing
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research
- Award: A$5,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: One
- Nationality: Domestic
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open for Australian female candidates.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Research women applicants are eligible for this opportunity.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- You must be a woman.
- You must be employed as an academic staff member in a position that involves research at an Australian or New Zealand university (i.e. staff in teaching-only positions are not eligible and professional staff are not eligible).
- You may be employed on a continuing or fixed-term basis. (Casual staff are not eligible.)
- You may be employed part time or full time.
- You must be an early career academic. This is defined as someone who holds a PhD, and has graduated from their PhD within the past six years or who has begun continuing or fixed-term employment in an academic position for the first time within the past two years.
- The research project must be one intended to lead to publication. This is defined as a research project for which one of the expected outcomes is publication of a peer-reviewed journal article, book chapter or book. It is recognised that academic research is incredibly varied and that some research will result clearly and quickly in a publication while other research might not lead to a publication for some time. Part of the purpose of this grant is to assist women to overcome barriers to their career progression, and publication is crucial to this. That is why one of the goals of the research project should be publication. You can specify in your application the type of publication you are aiming for and how it is related to your research project.
- Previous recipients of this grant may not apply again.
- Previous unsuccessful applicants may reapply every year if they wish.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Participate by filling out an online application form given at Capstone Editing site.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants need to upload all the required supporting documents within given the application form.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must hold a previous degree certificate with remarkable results.
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
Benefits: The successful applicants will get an award amount of A$5,000 for one academic per year that can be used to cover expenses related to flights, accommodation and conference registration.