The DocSociety is in quest for compelling storytelling projects that resonates deeply enough with new and unengaged audiences to make them have critical conversations around climate justice. The Climate Story Fund will support such projects in 2023.
The projects must specifically address climate justice and must include long-form, short or episodic documentaries as well as podcasts and radio documentaries. The organization will consider projects that will be able to complete production in 2023 with support from the Climate Story Fund. Selected projects will be provided $100,000 – $100,000 funding.
Great chance for students to complete their studies in the UK
User Review( votes)
Based in London and New York, DocSociety is a non-profit founded in 2005 committed to enabling great documentary films and connecting them to audiences globally. The organization works with filmmakers and partners from all over the world. It aims to innovate, share and innovate again.
The DocSociety brings individuals together to unleash the transformational power of documentary film because great documentaries enrich the lives of individuals. It stands united with filmmakers to prove that a great documentary holds the ability to engage and connect people, transform communities and improve societies.DocSociety is dedicated to the Impact of Art and the Art of Impact.
Application Deadline: Any application received later than 11:59 PM PST, February 1st, 2023 shall not be accepted.
- University or Organization: DocSociety
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Award: $100,000
- Number of Awards: 8
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in USA or United Kingdom
- Eligible Countries: International and home country national students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Candidates should have prepared projects that move us closer to a climate-just and biodiverse future in form of long-form, shorts, episodic documentaries, podcasts, and radio documentaries.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must prepare projects must be climate-themed with the intention to implement an impact campaign.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Interested candidates must log in to the DocSocietywebsite and apply for this opportunity. All applications will be given equal consideration.
- Supporting Documents: The applicants must prepare their respective projects and proposals supporting the same. They may also be expected to provide a budget.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have prepared projects focused on climate just and biodiverse future.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must be fluent in the English language.
The DocSociety will award the selected projects up to $50,000 to $100,000 funding. 6-8 projects will be funded.