The Helen Hay Whitney Foundation is pleased to offer postdoctoral research training fellowship programme. Applicants from USA and Foreign countries are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
To attain its ultimate goal of increasing the number of imaginative, well-trained and dedicated medical scientists, the Foundation grants financial support of sufficient duration to help further the careers of young men and women engaged in biological or medical research.
User Review( votes)
The most critical and long-lasting investment in the research enterprise is the development of career scientists who contribute through both their own research and, eventually, their training of future generations of scientists.
Candidates who hold, or are in the final stages of obtaining a PhD., M.D., or equivalent degree and are seeking beginning postdoctoral training in basic biomedical research are eligible to apply for a fellowship. Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Course Level: Fellowship is awarded for pursuing Postdoctoral research training programme.
Study Subject: The Helen Hay Whitney Foundation supports early postdoctoral research training in all basic biomedical sciences.
Award: Travel Expense: The Foundation provides funds for travel to the fellowship location at the time of activation of the fellowship for the Fellow and his or her family. No payment is made for the transportation of household goods. The Foundation also covers travel expenses incurred for the two-day Annual Fellows Meetings held in November. Travel expenses will be reimbursed directly to the Fellow, upon submission of expense receipts. These reimbursements are in addition to the annual stipend and research allowance.
Stipend and Expense Allowance: The current stipend and expense allowance is:
The award can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for this application :
- Candidates who hold, or are in the final stages of obtaining a Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent degree and are seeking beginning postdoctoral training in basic biomedical research are eligible to apply for a fellowship. The Foundation accepts applications from candidates who have no more than one year of postdoctoral research experience at the time of the deadline for submitting the application (June 30, 2017), and who have received a PhD (or D.Phil. or equivalent) degree no more than two years before the deadline, or an M.D. degree no more than three years before the deadline.
- Fellowships may be awarded to US citizens planning to work in laboratories either in the US, Canada, or abroad and also to foreign citizens for research in laboratories in the US only. We expect that most applicants will reside in North America at the time of application. Foreign Students will need to obtain appropriate visa documentation, as required by US Immigration.
- Applications from established scientists or advanced fellows will not be considered. The fellowships are for early postdoctoral training only. Clinical house-staff training does not count as “postdoctoral laboratory training.”
- The Foundation will not ordinarily consider applicants who plan tenure of the fellowship in the laboratory in which they have already received extensive predoctoral or postdoctoral training. The aim of the fellowship is to broaden postdoctoral training and experience, and a significant change of venue is advisable.
- Since the number of available fellowships is limited, the Foundation does not make more than one award per year for training with a given supervisor. It also does not support more than two fellows per laboratory at one time.
Nationality: Applicants from USA and Foreign countries are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Candidates who hold, or are in the final stages of obtaining a PhD., M.D., or equivalent degree and are seeking beginning postdoctoral training in basic biomedical research are eligible to apply for a fellowship.
English language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
Include statement as a separate letter in the application.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by The Helen Hay Whitney Foundation no later than 5:00pm EST, June 30, 2017.