Trent University is inviting applications for Thomas J. Bata Memorial graduate funding opportunities. The The studentships are available for pursuing graduate program (M.A., MSc., PhD).
Trent University is a public liberal art and science-oriented university located along the Otonabee River in Peterborough, Ontario, with a satellite campus in Oshawa, which serves the Regional Municipality of Durham.
Good opportunity for International participants.
User Review( vote)
Why study at Trent University? At this university, students have the opportunity to gain a life-changing experience with a variety of clubs and groups, including many theatre groups, social interest groups, newspapers, religious groups, political chapters and academic societies, and Greeks.
Application Deadline: Closed
- University: Trent University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Graduate program (M.A., MSc., PhD)
- Award: $5,000
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open to all around the world.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The studentships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Must not be holding any other major scholarship.
- Open to all domestic or international full-time graduate students (M.A., MSc., PhD) with an admission GPA of A- and have continued to achieve academic excellence during graduate studies at Trent University. Students may be in any year of any graduate program.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply, applicants must submit the online application.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit the following documents with the application:
- Curriculum vitae
- Transcripts – unofficial accepted
- A statement of research(maximum two pages)
- A brief non-technical summary (maximum of 400 words)
- A statement of leadership (maximum two pages) describing the activities and contributions of the applicant which aligns with the values and legacy of Thomas J. Bata.
- One confidential letter of reference from a member of the community addressing leadership activities, extracurricular interactions and collaborations, and character.
- Admission Requirement: Applicants must have a four-year Honours Bachelor’s Degree (or the equivalent), from a recognized university.
- English Language Requirement: All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
This $5,000 scholarship is intended to support a student that demonstrates leadership qualities such as innovation, entrepreneurship, community responsibility and global citizenship.