Applicants are invited for Tianzhu-SSHRC PhD Fellowships to pursue research in the field of East Asian Buddhist Studies. The fellowship is available for international students.
The aim of the fellowship is providing opportunities to participate in research visits to East Asia and to interact with international scholars and students to develop skills in working with local partners and international peers.
User Review( votes)
National Taiwan University is a national university in Taipei City, Taiwan which consists of 11 colleges, 54 departments, 107 graduate institutes and four research centers.
Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue PhD research programme.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of East Asian Buddhist Studies.
Award: Fellowship will cover the following:
- Two fellowships are available to students pursuing a PhD, with a $25,000-$30,000 annual stipend in Years 1 and 2 and a $25,000 Research Assistantship in Years 3 and 4.
- Furthermore, each recipient will have access to $2,000 – $5,000 per year in additional funds for research expenses.
Number of Awards: Two fellowships are available
The award can be taken in China, Japan, Korea, Mongolia, Taiwan, Hong Kong
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity :
- This award is open to those who apply for and are accepted into the University of British Columbia’s graduate program in Asian Studies, either at the Doctoral level, with a research project focusing on East Asian Buddhism.
- Applicants must also be accepted to the program through the regular admission process.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have previous year degree.
English Language Requirements: All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email:
- Copy of your transcripts.
- Three (3) reference letters. These must be sent directly to [email protected] by the person providing the reference.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is November 30, 2017.