The College of Technology at the University of Houston is inviting applications for Tier One Scholarship to pursue the undergraduate program. The scholars program recruits and engage high-calibre incoming freshman who can pursue academic excellence without financial limitations.
Established in 1927, the University of Houston empowers students in their pursuit of learning, discovery, leadership, and engagement. Located in a sprawling metropolis, our premier Tier One campus provides students with cutting-edge programs including undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, distance and continuing education. Ranked among the best colleges in America, UH is home to award-winning faculty, innovative research centers, has one of the most diverse student populations in the nation, and alumni who have become international leaders.
User Review( votes)
If you have a 1400 SAT or 30 ACT composite score, and rank in the top 10% of your class, your chances of qualifying for this application are improved.
Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to learn any of the courses offered by the university.
Award: As a Tier One Scholar, you will receive funding for four years1 of tuition and mandatory fees and the first two years of room and board. Plus, you will be eligible to receive a study abroad stipend and a mentored research stipend, should you choose those options. Your complete scholarship package is worth a total value of approximately $65,0002 in addition to the invaluable benefits of mentorship, advising, and camaraderie that comes with being a part of the Tier One Scholars community!
Number of Awards: Not Known
The award can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: Eligibility requirements:
- All incoming freshman are invited to apply.
- If you have a 1400 SAT or 30 ACT composite score, and rank in the top 10% of your class, your chances of qualifying for this application are improved.
- The Tier One award is the University of Houston’s most prestigious academic program. Incoming freshman students who have demonstrated exceptional academic achievement, leadership, and community engagement are encouraged to apply. Transfer students and continuing UHstudents are not eligible to apply for the Tier One Scholarship.
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this application program.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: All incoming freshman are invited to apply.
English Language Requirements: The University of Houston will accept equivalent scores on either the ACT or the SAT to meet admissions requirements. Equivalencies for UH admissions purposes are provided below, and they can be accessed through ACT and the College Board.
How to Apply: In order to be considered for the Tier One Scholarship, the following elements must be complete and received by 5:00 pm (CT) on November 15, 2017:
- Your application for admission to the University.
- Your Tier One application.
- A letter of recommendation sent directly by the recommender to tieronescholar-at-uh.edu. Your letter should be from an individual who knows you well (high school teacher, school administrator, club advisor, etc.).
Application Deadline: The deadline for this application is November 15, 2017.