Tiso Foundation is offering Tertiary Bursary Programme for South African applicants for the year 2019. Bursary is available for pursuing degrees and national diplomas in accredited institutions of higher learning.
The program aims to promote equity in the workplace by supporting strong black students to acquire the necessary academic qualifications, to help address the skills shortage in the economy and to address challenges of poverty through the avenue of human capital development.
User Review( votes)
The Tiso Foundation exemplifies how carefully targeted social investments can change lives, deliver models of progress and create opportunity through collaborative platforms. The mission of the foundation is to contribute financial and non-financial resources towards the development of human capital, primarily for the benefit of historically disadvantaged youth.
- Application Deadline: September 30, 2018
- Course Level: Bursary is available for pursuing degrees and national diplomas in accredited institutions of higher learning.
- Study Subject: The bursary is open to all fields of studies offered at a registered university or the University of Technology in South Africa with a particular focus in the fields of Engineering, Science, Commerce and Medicine.
- Award: Since inception, the Foundation has funded 50 students pursuing degrees and national diplomas in accredited institutions of higher learning. Going forward,the Foundation targets to support 20 students per year through partnerships with various stakeholders.
- Number of Awards: Foundation targets to support 20 students per year through partnerships with various stakeholders.
- Nationality: South African applicants
- The award can be taken in South Africa
- Eligible Countries: South African applicants are eligible to apply for this Bursary.
- Entrance Requirements: Candidates must meet these selection criteria:
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 34
- Must come from a previously disadvantaged background.
- Must be in possession of good to excellent matric results.
- Must produce excellent results if already registered as a full-time student.
- Must be financially needy
- Must portray and excellent positive attitude.
- Must be dedicated to their studies.
- Must provide references.
- Must be willing to give back to the community.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online. Please have the following documentation ready for application:
- Certified copy of your ID
- Copy of your latest academic results
- Academic reference
- Proof of household income e.g payslips and 3 months bank statements.
- If you are studying at university, a copy of your latest student accounts statement
- Certification if your parents or legal guardians are deceased