Trinity College is offering free online course on Sustainable Urban Environments. In this course, students will explore productive and disruptive social, ecological, and economic intersections – the “triple bottom line.”
In this six-week course, applicants will learn how integrated systems and individual actions can shape sustainable cities, generating higher quality of life for the future. This course will start on July 10, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 2-4 hours pw
Subject: Environmental Studies
Institution: Trinity College and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $50
Session: Course Starts on July 10, 2017
Trinity College is an independent, nonsectarian liberal arts college with more than 2,200 students from 44 states and 62 countries. It is home to the eighth-oldest chapter of Phi Beta Kappa in the United States. The faculty and alumni include recipients of the Pulitzer Prize, the MacArthur award, Guggenheims, Rockefellers, and other national academic awards.
About This Course
This course will describe fundamental paradigm shifts that are shaping sustainability. These include connectivity, diversity, citizen engagement, collaboration source tracing, mapping, transportation, and integrative, regenerative design.
Why Take This Course?
Student will investigate a spectrum of global, national, regional, municipal and personal relationships that are increasing resiliency.
- Systems of thinking that can leverage change
- How water is key to sustainability
- Ways to trace sources of materials and knowledge
- Identification of strategic urban infrastructure systems
- How to strengthen sustainability, wherever you are
Garth Myers is Paul E. Raether Distinguished Professor of Urban International Studies at Trinity College.
Mary Rickel-Pelletier is the Founding Director of Park Watershed, a 501c3 urban-suburban environmental stewardship organization.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the orghomepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)