Applications are invited for the NRF–TWAS postdoctoral fellowship program available for scientists from developing countries (other than South Africa).
TWAS-NRF Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable at research institutions in South Africa for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of three years.
Best place to complete postdoctoral study with an educational fund in South Africa.
User Review( votes)
For the advancement of science in the developing world, the World Academy of Sciences works to support sustainable prosperity through research, education, policy, and diplomacy. TWAS is a global science academy based in Italy.
University or Organization: The World Academy of Sciences
Course Level: Postdoctoral Study
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Developing countries other than South Africa
The program can be taken in South Africa
Application Deadline: Closed
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than South Africa);
- Must have obtained a Ph.D. degree in a field of natural sciences;
- Be a regular employee in a developing country (other than South Africa) and hold a research assignment there;
- Fellowships are available to scientists for the postdoctoral research program at research institutions in South Africa.
- Present a detailed research project that must be registered and approved by the host institution and provide a letter of support from the prospective host supervisor; be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
- Fellowships are awarded in the field of Agricultural Sciences, Structural, Cell, and Molecular Biology, Biological Systems, and Organisms, Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences, Chemical Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences, Mathematical Sciences and Physics.
How To Apply
- How to Apply: Application for acceptance at South African Institutions: Applicants must contact institutions in South Africa or potential supervisors to obtain a placement into the postdoctoral research training program. An official letter of acceptance must be obtained from the potential host institution and/or supervisor.
- Submitting Documents: Applicants must submit the Passport, Official acceptance letter from the host institution, Certified copies of undergraduate and postgraduate certificates, CV, Letter of release from an employer in the home country, English Language Proficiency Academic test if available; and SAQA evaluation certificate if available.
- English Language: Applicants are provided the proof of knowledge of English is preferable if the language of instruction was not English.
- NRF will provide travel to and from South Africa, a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation, food, and health insurance.
- The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.c