SRM Institute of Science and Technology is dispensing an excellent opportunity through its PhD Scholarship in Experimental Nanoscale Physics program in India.
There are two studentships available for those eligible candidates who wish to pursue the PhD degree coursework at SRM for the academic year 2020-21.
Valuable chance to study at SRM Institute of Science and Technology.
User Review( votes)
SRM Institute of Science and Technology is a top-ranking deemed university that is part of the SRM Group of Institutions. Their career centre offers a platform for the students and the companies as well so that the collaboration is mutually beneficial.
Why study at the SRM Institute of Science and Technology? SRM prepares students to meet the requirements of the corporate world. It provides varied pathways for candidate’s career advancement and professional development.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2020
- University: SRM Institute of Science and Technology
- Department: Department of Physics
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Two
- The award can be taken in Chennai, India
- Eligible Countries: If you want to know about the nationality contact Dr Abhay Sagade abhaya-at-srmist.edu.in
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Research topics in experimental nanoscience and nanotechnology
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- First Class or equivalent in both Bachelor’s (B.Sc./BS/B.Tech.) and Master’s degrees(M.Sc./MS/M.Tech.) in Physics or Electronics, Nanotechnology/Materials Science with specialization in Solid State Physics/Condensed Matter Physics/Materials Science/Nanotechnology/Electrical Engineering.
- Those who have appeared for their Master’s degree final examinations and waiting for the results are also eligible to apply.
- The successful candidate is expected to use existing equipment, build new facilities, and develop novel skills in nanostructured materials synthesis, device fabrications, electrical measurements, and scientific publications in peer-reviewed papers & patents.
- Any Indian national level test qualified applicant will be given preference.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for the award, applicants are required to take admission in a PhD program at the university. After that, they should directly contact Dr Abhay Sagade ([email protected]) for the application process of the grant.
- Supporting Documents: A cover letter (strictly less than 2 pages which contains research experience, motivation and skills), the contact information of two references and curriculum vitae (academic details of years of passing, grades, academic activities, prizes, awards, etc.)
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must meet all entry requirements of SRM University.
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
The SRM Institute of Science and Technology will provide all the following benefits:
- Three years SRMIST-Scholarship to pursue PhD at world-class University.
- Cutting-edge research topics in experimental nanoscience and nanotechnology.
- Opportunity to work and visit several national and international institutions to develop in-depth knowledge and skills. To take part in exchange programs.
- Possibility of Teaching Assistantship to gain experience in teaching.
- On-campus hostel facility with necessary amenities for sports, food and entertainment.
- To present your research work in international conferences and workshops.