The successful candidate will work on an exciting collaborative robotics project focused on drones and unmanned ground vehicles (UGVs).
A fine opportunity for students in Ireland.
User Review( votes)
Maynooth University, also known as the National University of Ireland, was founded in 1997 with the mission of providing outstanding university education that challenges and supports all students to achieve their full potential and prepares them for life, work, and citizenship, as well as complexity, diversity, and change. It is ranked 50 in the latest Times Higher Education.
Why study at Maynooth University? Maynooth University is a centuries-old institution that has provided excellent education to generations of students and has changed the lives of each student. Maynooth prioritizes the student experience and strives to help students succeed academically and socially. It has continued to invest heavily in a wide range of technologically advanced facilities to meet the ever-changing educational needs.
Application Deadline: Applications will close at 5 pm (GMT) on 12th August 2022.
- University or Organization: Maynooth University
- Department: Dept of Computer Science and National Centre for Geocomputation
- Course Level: MRES
- Award: Fully-funded
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Ireland
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Strong software development skills in areas such as mobile robotics (including ROS), computer vision, and AI frameworks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to think logically, create solutions and make informed decisions.
- Willingness to work collaboratively in a research environment.
- A strong commitment to their own continuous professional development.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for the grant, applicants must take admission in PhD degree at the university. After that, they can apply through an application made via The Common App or PAC. Applications must be sent by e-mail to Prof. Tim McCarthy ([email protected]) and Prof. John McDonald ([email protected]). Early applications are strongly encouraged.
- Supporting Documents: Applications should include:
- A cover letter explaining the applicant’s motivation and interest in the project topic. Please include any relevant background and/or experience.
- A Curriculum Vitae which includes the applicant’s educational qualifications and any scientific publications and/or achievements.
- Academic transcripts.
- Two academic references
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must hold a primary degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, or equivalent with a grade of 2.1H or higher.
- Language Requirement: Students must be highly proficient in English language skills.
The position is funded for 2 years, including a monthly stipend and a travel budget to present at agreed international conferences, workshops, and seminars. The studentship will cover fees and a stipend of € 18,500 per annum.