Apply for the Mackenzie King international awards and eliminate the financial hurdles that stand in the way of your education. The grant is offered by the University of British Columbia in Canada.
The educational award aims to support international students who want to undertake the master’s and doctoral degree program at the university.
Founded in 1908, the oldest research university in the country is the University of British Columbia. Through its several undergraduate and graduate degree programs, it offers students a comprehensive range of study possibilities.
Why study at the University of British Columbia? The university is a world-class research and teaching institution that fosters a positive learning environment and contributes to more civil and sustainable society. Students will study everything they need to know for their future careers at this university.
Application Deadline: February 2022
- University or Organization: University of British Columbia
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Masters and doctoral degree
- Awards: $8,500 to $10,500
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: Domestic and international students
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Master’s and doctoral degree in any subject offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following criteria:
- The Mackenzie King Open Scholarship is open to graduates of any Canadian university who engage in (commence or continue) graduate study (master’s or doctoral) in any field, in Canada or elsewhere.
- The Mackenzie King Travelling Scholarship is open to graduates of any Canadian university who engage in (commence or continue) graduate study (master’s or doctoral) in the United States or the United Kingdom, of international relations or industrial relations
- You must be a graduate (holder of a degree) of a Canadian university when the tenure of the scholarship begins (typically in September). If you will not be a holder of a Canadian degree by September 2021, you are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the opportunity, applicants must take admission in the Master’s or doctoral degree coursework at the University of British Columbia. After that, they can complete the online application form for the award.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit official, up-to-date transcripts from for all post-secondary studies.
- Admission Requirements: Candidates must check the entry requirement of their chosen program.
- Language Requirement: If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency. For more information, go through the English language requirements page.
The scholarship program will provide an award amount range from $8,500 to $10,500 to the successful candidates.