The University of British Columbia is inviting applications for Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowship available for outstanding scholars from around the world.
UBC primary purpose is to support advanced education and research at five Canadian universities and the Canada Council for the Arts.
Golden opportunity to get a higher education with annual stipend in Canada.
User Review( votes)
The University of British Columbia is a global centre for research and teaching, consistently ranked among the 40 best universities in the world. Since 1915, UBC’s West Coast spirit has embraced innovation and challenged the status quo.
Application Deadline: November 13, 2020
University or Organization: University of British Columbia
Course Level: Postdoctoral research program
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Citizens of any country
The program can be taken in Canada
To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Must have completed all requirements of their PhD no more than 24 months prior to the anticipated fellowship start date. Completion of PhD requirements refers to the date that the applicant completed all the steps required for obtaining their degree.
- Fellowships are available for pursuing postdoctoral research program.
- The UBC Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowships are provided annually from the Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Fund for Advanced Studies and are available for most fields of research.
- Although these requirements may vary by institution and degree type, they normally include thesis defence corrections and thesis deposition. It is not the convocation date.
- The period of eligibility may be extended for applicants who have had their career interrupted or delayed for the purpose of childrearing, illness, or health-related family responsibilities.
- The interruption(s) or delay(s) must have occurred after the applicant completed all the requirements of their PhD. Note that the eligibility window will only be extended by the duration of the delay(s) or interruption(s), to a maximum of one year. Justification for the extension must be provided in the Special Circumstances attachment.
- Applicants who currently hold a temporary, term or non-tenure track faculty appointments are eligible to apply.
- Maybe citizens of any country; though there are no restrictions regarding the nationality of applicants, successful candidates must be able to meet all Canadian immigration requirements
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicant completes and submits an application form and arranges delivery of all required documents to the UBC department or unit to which the application is being made. Each UBC department or unit sets its own deadline for receipt of applications.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have completed all requirements of their PhD no more than 24 months prior to the anticipated fellowship start date.
- Language Requirement: English is the primary language of instruction at UBC. All prospective students are required to demonstrate a minimum level of English before they’re admitted.
This fellowship program provides $50,000 annual stipend for a maximum of two years, plus a travel research allowance of $4,000 over two years.