The Universiti Brunei Darussalam is offering an amazing award program for outstanding scholars, students, and professionals to pursue graduate study and advanced research.
The program is a unique opportunity for Bruneian and non-Bruneian candidates to undertake their academic and research goals and network extensively with international researchers.
It is a valuable opportunity for international researchers.
User Review( votes)
Why at the Universiti Brunei Darussalam? Through its 18 faculties and institutes, the UBD provides multiple degree programmes, student services, and opportunities.
Application Deadline: 28th February for August intake and 31 July for January intake.
- University: Universiti Brunei Darussalam
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Graduate study and advanced research
- Award: Tuition fees and BND 500 subsistence allowance/ month
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 20 each year
- Nationality: Brunei and international
- The award can be taken in Brunei
- Eligible Countries: Applications open for all nationalities as well as Brunei
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The grant is available for graduate study and advanced research in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: The applicants must meet all the following:
- Has at least a first-class honours Bachelor degree with a distinction in Master degree or equivalent qualification. OR A second class upper honours Bachelor degree and a Master degree with a good publication record from and after undertaking the Master degree or equivalent qualification.
- High quality and impactful research proposal.
- Fit to pursue studies in the area of choice.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To gain this award, applicants are required to apply for admission through the online admission system (OASys).
- Supporting Documents: Electronic documents, international passport or certified copy of Brunei identification card, certified copies of relevant academic certificates including university transcripts, and proof of English proficiency qualification.
- Admission Requirements: Before applying for admission, applicants are required to check all the entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: For taking entrance in this educational program, claimants are needed to demonstrate English language proficiency of at least a credit 6 in English Language at GCE ‘O’ Level Examinations or a grade ‘B’ in IGCSE English (as a Second Language) or an IELTS score of 6.0 or TOEFL minimum overall score of at least 550.
- Note: other specific entry requirements will be provided under the separate programmes.
The university will provide all the following:
- Waived tuition fees at Universiti Brunei Darussalam including registration and acceptance fees.
- For 36 months, wines will receive a subsistence allowance of BND 500 per month.
- Recipients will gain on-campus accommodation for 36 months.
- For applicants not residing in Brunei Darussalam, will receive one round trip economy class air ticket from their home country upon accepting the program and to their home country upon completion of their studies.
- Candidates will also receive field research allowances (BND 1000 for Arts and Humanities, and BND 2000 for Science candidates)