University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS) is now accepting applications for a funding for international students in 2019 academic year. These are available for sponsor young talents all over the world to pursue Master’s or Doctoral degree, attend courses or conduct research at UCAS campus/CAS institutes.
University offers a number of general and subject-specific funding schemes. The aim of the programs is to attract the best and most motivated people to China.
Marvelous funding for International Students.
User Review( votes)
UCAS is a higher education institution established with the approval of the Ministry of Education, focusing on graduate education. UCAS has a highly qualified faculty team consisting of teachers and supervisors from UCAS faculties and CAS institutes and a first-class scientific research environment for students to fulfill scientific research.
UCAS study for International Students to sponsor young talents all over the world to pursue Master’s or Doctoral degree, attend courses or conduct research at UCAS campus/CAS institutes. To be eligible to apply:
- Meet the admission criteria for UCAS international students
- UCAS education for International Students is to sponsor young talents all over the world to pursue Master’s or Doctoral degree, attend courses or conduct research at UCAS campus/CAS institutes.
- These are offered over different departments across the University, all offering a diverse range of courses.
- Get recommended by a supervisor and the institute/school which the supervisor is affiliated with.
- Have an appropriate attitude toward learning and scientific research and have outstanding academic performance.
- Have not accepted any other sponsorship at the time of application
- Age requirements:
- Master’s degree candidates should be no more than 30 years old.
- Doctoral degree candidates should be no more than 35 years old.
- Students on joint programs: no age limit
- Regular and senior visiting students should be no more than 40 years old.
- Requirements on language level:
- Programs taught in Chinese: Applicants should obtain at least 200 points for Level 5 of the new HSK test before registration.
- Programs taught in English: Applicants should have adequate good English proficiency.
- Other requirements on applicants on joint programs:
- Applicants should be currently studying at higher institutions abroad.
- The higher institution abroad the applicant is affiliated with should have signed relevant collaboration and exchange agreement with CAS/UCAS/CAS institute.
- The awarded student should register before November.
- The academic visit to or joint culture at CAS should last for no shorter than 3 months.
Other requirements for visiting scholars:
- Scholars should register before November.
- Scholars shall be further educated for no shorter than 6 months.
- Students who are currently studying at higher institutions in China cannot apply (with an exception for this year’s graduates).
- International Students are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:-Find an eligible host supervisor affiliated with CAS institute or UCAS school: Eligible applicants shall prepare application documents as requested above, contact an eligible supervisor, decide on the research field and send him/her both hard and soft copies of application documents.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must be ready to submit the Personal passports as used for the application, Admission Notice, Visa Application Form, Physical Examination Record for Foreigners, Other original reports from the physical examination.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have an appropriate attitude toward learning and scientific research and have outstanding academic performance.
- Language Requirement: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
The full award provides tuition waiver, monthly stipend, basic accommodation, and medical insurance; while the partial covers some items of the Full.
- Exempted from tuition fee: Doctoral students would be exempted from a tuition fee of RMB 40,000/year; master’s students would be exempted from a tuition fee of RMB 30,000/year; senior visiting students would be exempted from a tuition fee of RMB 3,000/month; the regular visiting student would be exempted from a tuition fee of RMB 2,600/month.
- Stipend: UCAS provides a monthly stipend of RMB 2,500 for Doctoral students, senior visiting students and Doctoral students on joint programs, and RMB 2,000 for Master’s students and regular visiting students. In addition, host supervisor and CAS institute/UCAS school/college (hereinafter referred to as institute/school) provide research assistantship for awardees considering their academic performances. The total amounts of monthly stipend will be no less than RMB 3500 for Doctoral students, senior visiting students, and students on joint programs, and RMB 3000 for Master’s students and regular visiting students.
- Accommodation: UCAS provides basic accommodation to awardees from institutes and schools located in Beijing. As for awardees from CAS institutes located outside Beijing, they would be provided with basic accommodation when attending the concentrated study at UCAS, while their host institutes would help to provide accommodation or solve accommodation-related problems after awardees return upon the completion of their concentrated study, and they shall pay for relevant expenses as requested by the institutes.
- Medical Insurance: The insurance premium is RMB 800/year, with RMB 400 for half-year term, and it would be deducted from the first stipend of each academic year.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2019