Applicants are invited to apply for the PhD in the field of Computer Science, commencing in September 2016. UK/EU and overseas applicants are eligible to apply for this application .
The UCL provides modern educational and research environments that will enable students and researchers to face current challenges and to focus on knowledge as a principle driving force for development.
Amazing offer for candidates.
User Review( votes)
All students whose first language is not English must be able to provide recent evidence that their spoken and written command of the English language is adequate for the program.
- Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing PhD program.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in Computational Statistics.
- The following two projects are available (outline descriptions are linked to the project titles).
- Learning representations with latent variable models
- Multi-agent deep reinforcement learning for machine bidding in digital advertising
- Alternatively, candidates may propose their own topics, provided that they have already been discussed with prospective supervisors in both departments.
- Award: The studentship is tenable for 3 years and covers tuition fees at the UK/EU rate plus a stipend of £16,539 per annum (based on the standard UK Research Council rate with London weighting). International students may also apply but will need to source additional funding to meet the difference in cost between UK/EU and overseas tuition fees. The procedure for determining one‡s tuition fee status is outlined on the UCL website.
- The award can be taken in the UK
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity :
- For admission to the MPhil/PhD Statistical Science, the requirement is a first or high upper second-class Bachelor‡s degree or a Master‡s degree with merit or distinction, in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline. Overseas qualifications of an equivalent standard are also acceptable.
- For admission to the MPhil/PhD. Computer Science, the normal requirement is a Bachelor‡s degree with first or upper second-class Honors, and/or a distinction at the Master‡s level, in an appropriate subject. Applicants with other qualifications and sufficient relevant experience and background knowledge may also be considered. More information, including English Language qualifications, can be found on the Departmental website.
Nationality: UK/EU and overseas applicants are eligible to apply for this application .
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The mode of application is online. All new candidates should apply initially for the Research Degree: Statistical Science (RRDSTASING01) by completing the online form and, in addition (and very importantly), send a separate covering letter making their case for the funding. The covering letter should be sent to Dr Russell Evans at stats.pgr-admissions-at-UCL.ac.uk. Candidates already in receipt of an offer of admission (to either department) need only send the covering letter.
- Entrance Requirements: In common with other departments in the UK, we normally expect candidates wishing to embark on a research degree to have a bachelor‡s degree with first or upper second-class Honors, and/or a distinction at Master‡s level, in an appropriate subject.
- English language/Test Requirements: All students whose first language is not English must be able to provide recent evidence that their spoken and written command of the English language is adequate for the program.
Application Deadline: Closed