The University of Debrecen has taken the great initiative of starting the UD International Scholarship Program to help international students continue their studies in the fields of Science and Agriculture in Hungary. This scholarship application is open for the academic year 2022-2023.
This merit-based scholarship program will accept participation from new applicants who would start their chosen master’s study program as freshmen at the University of Debrecen. The students applying must be non-Hungarian to be considered for this scholarship.
Nice chance for international applicants in Hungary.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1538, the University of Debrecen is the oldest continuously operating institution of higher education in Hungary. Ranking 794thin Best Global Universities, the University of Debrecen is one of the largest institutions of higher education in Hungary at present.
Why choose to study at the University of Debrecen? The University of Debrecen offers courses and education based on practical and labor-market-oriented knowledge far above the national standard. The university has also drawn up partnerships with local and national companies to ensure that students have the opportunity to get an insight into business processes during their studies at UD.
Application Deadline: The scholarship application will close on 15th November 2022.
- University or Organization: University of Debrecen
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Masters
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Hungary.
- Eligible Countries: Students from outside Hungary can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applied Mathematics MSc, Biology MSc, Chemistry MSc, Environmental Sciences MSc, Geography MSc, Hydrobiology MSc, Animal Husbandry Engineering MSc, Agricultural Environmental Management Engineering MSc, Agricultural Water Management Engineering MSc, Food Safety and Quality Engineering MSc, Plant Protection MSc, or the Rural Development Engineering MSc program taught at the University of Debrecen can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be non-Hungarian citizens.
- The applicants must have applied for a graduate program.
- The applicants must possess a passport/national ID upon application.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students are required to have submitted an application for admission at UD via its online portal. Applicants that meet the scholarship eligibility criteria will be further notified of the scholarship application and acceptance.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Bank receipt about the transfer of the application fee of 150 USD (non-refundable)
- Motivation Letter
- 2 Recommendation Letters from professors in previous studies
- Scanned copy of the original proof of language proficiency
- Academic Certificates and their translations
- Detailed CV
- Transcript of Records and its translation regarding all academic semesters or school years
- Scanned copy of the Identification Document
- Scanned copy of their national ID card.
- Medical Certificate. The template can be found at edu.unideb.hu
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have or be a BSc/BA degree holder/in their final year of BSc/BA studies.
- Language Requirement: The applicants can prove their English proficiency in other ways, such as by other language certificates, and good GED, SAT, and ACT results. IELTS, TOEFL, etc is not compulsory.
The University of Debrecen will award the selected students a discount of 30% – 90% of the first-year tuition fee and second year onwards as follows:
- 90 % if they are in the top 10% of the academic ranking of the cohort
- 60 % if they are in the range of top 11% – 25%
- 30 % if they are in the range of top 26% – 40%