The West African Centre for Water, Irrigation and Sustainable Agriculture (WACWISA) at the University for Development Studies, Ghana is accepting applications for Masters and PhD Positionsin Irrigation and Drainage Engineering.
The purpose of this program is to support African students to pursue Masters (MSc/MPhil) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) study program. It is provided by the Government of Ghana and the World Bank.
Nice opportunity for students
User Review( votes)
The World Bank provides loans to countries of the world for capital projects. It organizes Development Marketplace Awards and a competitive grant program. The Government of Ghana followed by alternating military and civilian governments. It is elected by universal suffrage.
Why at the University for Development Studies? The university provides different career paths for graduates with a degree in Development Studies. It offers training related to career orientation and job application skills.
Application Deadline: June 10, 2019
- Eligible Countries: Citizens from African countries
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Masters and PhD in Irrigation and Drainage Engineering.
- Admissible Criteria: Applicants must have to apply for the Masters/Doctor of Philosophy program in Irrigation and Drainage Engineering at the University for Development Studies. Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree (honors) or equivalent with at least a Second-Class Upper Division in Agricultural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, Soil and Water Conservation and Management, Horticulture, Agronomy, Hydrology and Watershed Management and Engineering, Agricultural Technology, Soil Science or related fields.
- They should have a minimum qualification: Research-based Masters degree or equivalent in a related field. They need to have practical field training/experience in irrigation and drainage related activities for the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD). Female candidates in the West-Africa sub-region are particularly encouraged to apply. Aspirants should be less than 35 years for the Master’s program and less than 40 years for PhD and be nationals of and resident in Africa.
How to Apply
- How to apply: For applying, seekers are required to submit applications for admission into the relevant program at the University for Development Studies. After being registered, the claimant can submit full complement of documentation to [email protected] and copy [email protected] with a subject line “WACWISA Masters and PhD scholarships”.
- Supporting Documents: Aspirants will be asked to submit an official/certified academic transcript from the previous University of study and a certified copy of academic certificates, a three (3) page and PhD five (5) page maximum research proposal, a two (2) page statement of motivation, two academic letters of reference and one professional letter of reference, curriculum vitae and a copy of Identity Card (ID) or Bio-data page of National Passport.
- Admission Requirements: For admitted to the master’s program, you must have a bachelor’s degree (honors) or equivalent with at least a second-class upper division and research-based master’s degree or equivalent in the related field for PhD.
- Language Requirement: However, the program will give ten weeks certificate language competency training to selected candidates prior. Still, francophone applicants need to provide evidence of competence in English.
The studentship will provide the tuition, research, and learning costs, monthly stipend, research costs, international placement/mobility costs and cover the official university fees for master’s students and PhD students. This will include tuition, registration, examination, matriculation, student identity card, and library.