Applications are invited for Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for SC/ST Candidate. The program is awarded in Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences, and Engineering & Technology. It is open for Indian applicants belong to SC/ST and should have passed the Post Graduate examination.
The objective of this award is to provide benefits in the form of financial assistance to students belonging to SC/ST to pursue higher studies leading to M.Phil and Ph.D degrees in Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences and Engineering & Technology.
Fine opportunity for Indian students.
User Review( votes)
The Rajiv Gandhi National award (RGNF) Scheme for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes is formulated and funded by Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment and Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
Application Deadline: Closed
- Indian applicants are eligible to apply for this programme.
- Fellowships are awarded in Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences and Engineering & Technology.
- Target Group: Unemployed SC/ST Candidates who have passed the Post Graduate examination in concerned subject and who desire to pursue full-time research without JRF of UGC-NET or UGC-CSIR NET.
- The candidate should belong to SC/ST and should have passed the Post Graduate examination. The candidate must get himself/herself registered for M.Phil./Ph.D at the first available opportunity but not later than within a period of two years from the receipt of an award letter. This period is not extendable. However, the actual payment will be made with effect from the date of approval of date of joining whichever is later.
- How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
- Award: Grant in Humanities, Social Sciences, Sciences, Engineering & Technology: @Rs.16000/-p.m. for initial two years.
@Rs.18000/-p.m. for remaining tenure
Contingency A : @Rs.10000/-p.a. for initial two years and @Rs.20500/-p.a. for remaining tenure
Contingency B : @Rs.12000/-p.a. for initial two years @Rs.25000/-p.a. for remaining tenure
Departmental Assistance : @Rs. 3000/- p.a. per student to the host institution for providing infrastructure
Escorts/Reader assistance : @ Rs. 2000/- p.m. in cases of physically handicapped & blind candidates
HRA : As per rules of the University/ Institutions.