The Institute for Human Sciences (IWM) in Vienna is awarding Ukraine in European Dialogue Fellowships in all academic disciplines in the humanities and social sciences (including history). Fellowships are available for Ukrainian citizens.
This junior fellowship program aims to support the research of Ukrainian scholars who are completing or have recently completed doctoral studies in a Ukrainian institution of higher education.
User Review( votes)
The Institute for Human Sciences (IWM) in Vienna is an intellectually and politically independent institute for advanced study in the humanities and social sciences. Since its foundation in 1982, the Institute has promoted intellectual exchange between East and West, academia and society, and a variety of disciplines and schools of thought. The IWM is an international community of scholars consisting of Permanent Fellows, Visiting Fellows and Guests. During each year, the IWM hosts about one hundred researchers, journalists and translators.
- Applications Deadline: January 11, 2019
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue research.
- Study Subject: The fellowships are open to all academic disciplines in the humanities and social sciences (including history).
- Scholarship Award: The selected finalists will be invited to spend 6 months between July 2019 and June 2020 at the IWM to pursue their research projects. Junior Visiting Fellows will receive a stipend of EUR 1,800 per month to cover accommodation, living expenses, travel, health insurance and any incidental costs related to their stay in Vienna.
In addition, the IWM provides fellows with office space, including internet access, in-house research and administrative facilities as well as other services free of charge. The fellows will join the scholarly community and participate in the activities of the Institute.
- Nationality: Fellowships are available for Ukrainian citizens.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Austria
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Fellowships are available for Ukrainian citizens.
Entrance Requirements: Candidates for the fellowship
- Must be Ukrainian citizens
- Must be enrolled in a doctoral program at a Ukrainian institution of higher education or have recently obtained a PhD
- Must not be older than 35 years*
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Applications must be submitted using the online application form and should include:
- a project proposal in English (max. 3 double-spaced pages) outlining:
- the academic problem(s) to be addressed
- the methods to be applied
- the resources to be consulted
- a curriculum vitae in English (max. 2 double-spaced pages)
- a list of publications
- two letters of recommendation by scholars familiar with the applicant’s academic work
Please submit all your application materials as PDF files!