The Department of Clinical Microbiology is looking for applicants to apply for the International Postdoctoral Fellowships in Virology at Umea University. Applications for this scholarship can be made for the academic year 2022-2023.
The educational programme is open to students from all around the world who are going to enrol in the postdoctoral degree at Umea University. The scholarship is time-limited for 2 years.
User Review( votes)
Ume University is renowned for its highly regarded Institute of (industrial) design as well as studies on the genomes of the Populus tree and Norway spruce. More than 4,000 people work there, including 368 professors and 50% of teachers and researchers.
Why study at Umea University? UU provides students with the knowledge, self-assurance, and research opportunities necessary to create constructive social change. Students can find great employment opportunities and career opportunities here.
Application Deadline: Candidates must submit their programme application before 3 July 2022.
- University or Organization: Umea University
- Department: Department of Clinical Microbiology
- Course Level: Postdoctoral degree
- Award: Research fund
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Up to two
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in Sweden
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Postdoctoral degree in virology
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicant must have completed a doctoral degree or a foreign degree that is deemed equivalent to a doctoral degree. The candidate should hold an MS and PhD in either cell or molecular biology or related disciplines. Experience in virology or in glycobiology is a strong asset but not a necessity. Priority will be given to applicants who graduated within three years before the application deadline. The eligibility requirement shall be fulfilled before the postdoc fellowship is initiated.
- You should have experience with any of the following:
- Extensive experience with fluorescence microscopy to look at cellular uptake or secretory pathways. Experience within virology in this context is additional merit but not a must.
- Cloning, genetic engineering and establishing stable cell lines. Experience with the expression of fluorescent fusion proteins for microscopy experiments is a strong asset.
- Glycobiology. Experience with protein-carbohydrate interactions or experience within virology is an additional merit.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To take part in this educational program, seekers are advised to be registered as a PhD degree student before the application deadline. After being accepted, claimants can send their award applications with reference number FS 2.1.6-934-22, both in the file name and in the subject field of the email, to [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: Must attach a brief description of research interests and reasons why you are interested in the scholarship.
- CV with publication list
- Diplomas from doctoral studies and other relevant degrees
- Contact information for two reference persons
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, seekers are needed to hold their bachelor’s and master’s degree certificates with good academic grades in the relevant subject area.
- Language Requirements: If English isn’t your first language, they have a range of courses to help you improve your English language skills.
Umea University will provide research fund to high-achieving students for the academic year 2022-2023.