Ministry of Education of P.R. China (MOE) is awarding Great Wall program for international students in 2017-2018 academic session. This program only supports general scholars and senior scholars.
Ministry of Education of P.R. China (MOE) established by MOE to encourage students from international students to study in China.
User Review( votes)
Great Wall Program is a fully-funded position established by MOE for the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) to sponsor students and scholars in developing countries to study and conduct research in China.
Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health. General English language requirements for English-instructed programs and Chinese-instructed programs are different.
Course Level: This program only supports general scholars and senior scholars.
Study Subject(s): The studentships are awarded in any discipline.
Award: The Great Wall Program provides a fully-funded position which covers tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance. Please refer to Introduction to CGS—Coverage and Standard for details of each item.
The award can be taken in China
Eligibility: To be eligible, applicants must:
- Applicant must be a citizen of a ed countryas listed in http://www.unesco.org/new/en/fellowships/programmes/unescopeoples-republic-of-china-the-great-wall-co-sponsored-fellowships-programme/
- Applicant must not be a citizen of the People’s Republic of China
- Applicant must be in good health, both physically and mentally
- Applicant must be a holder of bachelor’s or master’s degree or their equivalent
- Be under the age of 45 and have a high school diploma ?or higher? when applying for the general scholar programs;
- Be a master’s degree holder or an associate professor ?or above? under the age of 50 when applying for the senior scholar programs.
Nationality: Citizens of developing countries can apply for these endowments.
List of Countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Ivory Coast, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, India, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
College Admission Requirement:
Entrance Requirement: Chinese government award supports international students, teachers and scholars to pursue degrees at all levels (bachelor’s, master’s and PhD) or non-degree studies and to conduct research in China.
Test Requirement: Not Required
English Language Requirements: General Chinese Language requirements for application to Chinese-instructed program
- Old HSK6 (or new HSK5)or above is required for application of liberal arts, economics and management majored students.
- Old HSK3 (or new HSK4) or above is required for application of science, engineering and medical science majored students.
- For details please refer to requirements published by the university.
- General English language requirements for application to English-instructed programs: Free English Language testing for students from English speaking countries. Free English Language testing for students from countries in which English is the major teaching language on condition that the relevant proof documents were provided. TOEFL 550, IELTS 5.5 or Pass university’s entrance examination. For details please refer to requirements published by the university.
How to Apply:
- Step 1– Apply to the National Commission for UNESCO in your home country for CGS opportunity;
- Step 2–Apply to your target university for the Pre-admission Letter once recommended by UNESCO as an eligible candidate ?you will receive an Award Letter for CGS Candidate;
- Step 3 –Complete the online application procedure at CGS Information System ?Visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://www.campuschina.org and click “Application Online” to log in?, submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese government award, and print a hard copy. Please consult the National Commission for UNESCO in your home country for Instructions of CGS Information System and Agency Number;
- Step 4 –Submit all your application documents to the National Commission for UNESCO in your home country before the deadline.
- NOTE: Only applications of recommended candidates from UNESCO will be considered. Successful candidates who have been pre-admitted by a university will receive an official admission notice to confirm their placement in the pre-admitting university. Other successful candidates will receive university placement as assigned by CSC
- Application Form for Chinese government award?in Chinese or English?; with 3 photos
- Notarized highest diploma; Prospective diploma recipients must submit official document issued by the university of your current enrollmentto prove your student status or expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
- Academic transcripts ?in Chinese or English?; Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
- Two Recommendation Letters ?in Chinese or English?; Applicants for the senior fellowshipprograms must submit two recommendation letters by professors or associate professors;
- A CD of your own works ?only required for arts students?; Applicants for music studies are requested to submit a CD of their own musical works. Applicants for the fine arts programs must submit a CD of their own works which include two sketches, two color paintings and two other works.
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal ?in Chinese or English?; This should be a minimum of 500 words;
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form ?photocopy?, ?in English. Please download from http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://www.campuschina.org?. The physical examination must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant will beconsidered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
- The copy of Pre-admission Letter from designated Chinese university ?optional?;
- The copy of valid HSK Certificate?optional. All documents should be bound together on top left corner in the order of 6.1 to 6.9.
- Applicants should submit TWO sets of bound documents.
- No application documents will be returned.
Application Deadline: Applicants need to apply between early January and early April.